The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jitesh

Lmao was it polynucleotide? I was thinking polypeptide throughout answering that and thankfully it's the same process; was there anything on that question more than the water/reaction type that I might have had some problems with in my confusion?
Original post by 4nonymous
That was an OK paper, not as hard as I thought it would be. What did people get for that Kb question. I got 164706? (something like that)

Same
Reply 602
That was an OK paper, not as hard as I thought it would be. What did people get for that Kb question. I got 164706? (something like that)

Yah same I got 16406 or something like that. What are the grade boundaries going to be like, does anyone know?
Original post by DoubleDoors
Lmao was it polynucleotide? I was thinking polypeptide throughout answering that and thankfully it's the same process; was there anything on that question more than the water/reaction type that I might have had some problems with in my confusion?

Maybe I misread but the process is the same
Original post by haes
What were your answers for the last question about phloem sap?

Basically translocation up to the point where water comes in and create osmotic pressure.

I said it mixes in with the sugar creating sap and then said how since it was in the phloem the sap is called Phloem sap

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put condensation reaction n water
Original post by haes

I discussed:
-active loading of phloem into sieve tube elements.
-water potential of sieve tube goes down; therefore water moves in by osmosis.
- => high pressure at source; low pressure at sink
- water moves from source to sink down a pressure gradient
Guys what did you put for the name questions.

Also for the table about the Rhino were we meant to put Animalia for kingdom or Eukaryotae?
Original post by haes

I wrote about the difference in hydrostatic pressure between the source and sink, so the sap moves down the pressure gradient. I'm pretty sure that sucrose moving into the phloem at the source decreases the water potential, so net osmosis is into the phloem and the hydrostatic pressure increases. Then at the sink, sucrose moves into the surrounding tissues, water potential decreases and hydrostatic pressure decreases too, creating a pressure gradient, etc. etc.
Don't know if that's right, though :colondollar: It's probably not tbh
Original post by SuperHuman98

Also for the table about the Rhino were we meant to put Animalia for kingdom or Eukaryotae?

Animalia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eukaryotae is a domain. You were right with Animalia.
What did people get for the last question with the letters. I put C for the first one then A,D,F for the second but I probably got it wrong OOPS
Reply 612
What did people do for the question about malaria and viruses in relation to erythrocytes, I said viruses dont need to respire so they dont use the oxygen in the red blood cells, whereas protoctistas do respire? Not sure if right though
Whatt did you guys get for the SA:Vol MCQ?

I'm not sure what you're talking bout for the first one but second is Animalia. (Eukaryote is a domain)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Didnt even know tonoplast was a thing lol. I just put it was a vacuole

X-cell wall
Y-plasma membrane
Z-vacuole

W-air (had no idea)

Oh what did you put for ytour maths questions? Word on the street is that you're good at maths :biggrin:
Original post by MattLS
What did people do for the question about malaria and viruses in relation to erythrocytes, I said viruses dont need to respire so they dont use the oxygen in the red blood cells, whereas protoctistas do respire? Not sure if right though

Umm so erythocytes dont have a nucleus, viruses need a nucleus in order to divide??
Original post by Firenze26
I'm not sure what you're talking bout for the first one but second is Animalia. (Eukaryote is a domain)

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was a question about the rhinos name
Reply 618
For the question regarding evidence for translocation, i had 3 in each box. Although, i cant remmeber which :/ I THINK it was:
FDA
BEC

I got that too but i don't understand why people aint mentioning ing it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending