The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if it's possible to do the varnishing floor question with a different method to this mark scheme because I'm pretty sure I got it right but remember doing it differently

Posted from TSR Mobile
was it 4/100 of the probability question , no rain and game cancelled
Original post by erodedsoul
I got 72 for circle there on I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 72 as well...
Original post by tomdoughty99
Question 6 is wrong it was how many females play bowling

No it was how many female went to the Art Gallery, I was reading over that question several times and I remember it saying that
Original post by MotivateInspi
Generally what are the guesses for the grade boundries? 2015- you needed 125 from both papers for an A in 2014- it was 133 for an A! Was this paper harder than 2015?

Way easier.
can anyone show me how they got 36%? might trigger what i got. and the fraction questions please
Can u put all the amount of marks there worth on it pls??
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
can someone post a link to the actual paper so I can see it from that perspective ...
if its even possible.

how is that possible... i don't think anyone has access to them once they collect it.... unless someone stole one
Question 24 was out of 4
Original post by ewales
That was a tricky one, everyone at school seems to have different answers:
Mine being (2 - root 6)/12.

I got the same apart from it being (3-root6) instead of 2 on top
What would 38/100 get my mate got that and wants to have an idea of what to expect
Does anyone know how many marks the percentage question was?
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hey, if anybody is willing to contribute the answers, and preferably the questions, then I shall set up a mark scheme for you all. Thanks in advance!

Can people please attach question numbers to their answers? Method would be appreciated.

This will be updated as I go along.

Spoiler

Okay, I now realise that I got so much more wrong than I thought :frown: bye bye Maths A level..
Original post by archiiii
Question 11 plz plz can u slove it

Give me the question
Original post by alicerose.j
Does anyone know if it's possible to do the varnishing floor question with a different method to this mark scheme because I'm pretty sure I got it right but remember doing it differently

Posted from TSR Mobile

1L = 5m^2

1 can = 2.5l

therefore 1 = 5x2.5 = 12.5m^2

the area is 50m^2

50/12.5 = number of cans needed = 4. therefore she doesn't have enough.
Original post by iLukeAi
Wht does everyone think the grade boundaries will be? My guess is:
A* - 83
A - 66
B - 47
C - 26

i think that's roughly correct
where can i find the foundation unofficial mark scheme
Original post by Pro4TLZZ
can anyone show me how they got 36%? might trigger what i got. and the fraction questions please

Work out how much money the rent cost in pounds by finding 30% of 800, increase this value by 20%, then use this as a fraction (I think it was 288/800). Divide top and bottom by 8 to get 36/100, which is 36%
Original post by Benjmartt
I left it in the the 2 way table, would I still get the marks?

yes! U will... so long the table labels *female and *theotherthingithinkitwasgallery
then.... u'll get the mark.. i did that for my mock exam and i still got the marks for a similar Q
Original post by junayd1998
IMG_0539.jpg Something like this came up this is what I did for that question is that right? And how many marks was this???

Original post by jamesM22
I got the same, was 4 marks for both questions. Tell me what people say
I believe this is right. Can I use it in the main post please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending