The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CrazyFool229
It wanted it per minute, and dividing it by 3600 will give you it in per second.

Ik now i failwd
lets try and make a list of all questions-
first one about HIV , replication
second
third
fouth
fifth
sixth
seventh
eights- cancer cells
ninth- dementia one

lol help needed?
Original post by Astrtricks
How hard did you find this paper compared to the specimen papers they published?

I thought the specimens seemed harder, found this a bit easier except the weird question like the one where you had to explain the graph and the colorimetry one. It seemed to mostly have been on enzymes which is odd but I'm alright with enzymes.
Original post by chelseaoscar15
How did you get 21,000? If I remember correctly, the actual length was 4 micrometres, and the size of image was 8.5cm ish?

8.5 is 85000 u m so 85000divded by 4 but some people like me got 84mm or 8.4 cm for the line so would end up 21000 they usua;ly give a range for the answer though
The amount of times i wrote specific teriary structure and active site and enzyme-substrate complex was unhealthy.

What boxes did everyone tick on the first question?
Reply 125
In the question were it said explain the graph of hydrolysis was it saying that tr number of plant cells grew of the actual cells grew? Was the hydrolysis part talking about one cell ?
Original post by Lola1244
second
third
fouth
fifth
sixth
seventh
eights- cancer cells
ninth- dementia one

lol help needed?

Fourth one was on the calorimetry i think
Original post by Lola1244
second
third
fouth
fifth
sixth
seventh
eights- cancer cells
ninth- dementia one

lol help needed?

Second was lipids wasn't it?
I've ****ed this up so bad :/
I don't get where you are all getting these magnifications from and i didn't write spearman's rank and basically everything i have written is wrong judging by this thread :smile:
great.
Original post by koolgurl14
what was the question about the calorimeter?? i found the paper really hard :frown: and i felt worse after everyone said they found it easy

who found it ieasy they must b bio god
Original post by The_queenb
Fourth one was on the calorimetry i think

anyone got the paper
Original post by SM-
In the question were it said explain the graph of hydrolysis was it saying that tr number of plant cells grew of the actual cells grew? Was the hydrolysis part talking about one cell ?

I just went on about how the sucrose needed to be hydrolyesd to make glucose for photosynthesis. And as the plant grew more cells would need it. Then when the plant stopped growing the amount of it needed stayed constant.
Original post by BamSrown

i put that lipase could not hydrolyse bonds between whatever glycol and fatty acids, can only hydrolyse ester bonds?
Reply 133
Original post by The_queenb
I just went on about how the sucrose needed to be hydrolyesd to make glucose for photosynthesis. And as the plant grew more cells would need it. Then when the plant stopped growing the amount of it needed stayed constant.

How many marks was that question?
what was the one with the statistical approach?
Original post by Salamandastron
I've ****ed this up so bad :/
I don't get where you are all getting these magnifications from and i didn't write spearman's rank and basically everything i have written is wrong judging by this thread :smile:
great.

I don't think it was Spearman's.

I'm almost positive that it was the T-Test as it was comparing two means.
Original post by CrazyFool229
I don't think it was Spearman's.

I'm almost positive that it was the T-Test as it was comparing two means.

Yeh but i wrote standard form :/
Original post by BamSrown

What was the question on cancer?
Anyone got the paper or markscheme?
Original post by SM-
How many marks was that question?

I think it was 3 marks but i always over do things just incase :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending