The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology B AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June 8BI0 01

Thoughts on today's exam? :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
in the exam was there a question about what happens at translation or transcription??
Original post by 2kk2
in the exam was there a question about what happens at translation or transcription??

Yeah, the only question that seemed to be based on the specification! :angry:
was not a fan!! that question about the hole in the heart - ?????
Original post by maria101xo
was not a fan!! that question about the hole in the heart - ?????

Which question was that??
Original post by LaylaM99

Think they're getting confused with the GCSE paper that took place today. :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by LaylaM99

It was one where there was a hole in the septum of the heart, and we had to tell from the diagram of the heart what was wrong with the blood vessels, and it was that they were feeding into the wrong ventricles I think...

And the second part of that question asked why the child survived with the hole in the septum in his heart.
I think that you had to get the first question to be able to answer this part.

It was on the AS SNAB Biology A exam today :smile: (26/05/16)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
what did everyone get for force applied in standard form for the surface tension of water question?
Original post by amiliar
what did everyone get for force applied in standard form for the surface tension of water question?

Not sure, but did you have to divide by twenty at the end or was that number there just to confuse you? :s-smilie:
Reply 9
I got 9.8 x 10^-6 in newtons/milimeter
Reply 10
@amiliar I got 9.8 x 10^-6
Which question asked for force????!!!
Reply 12
what did people get for the answer to time in anaphase question
Original post by 2kk2
I got 9.8 x 10^-6 in newtons/milimeter

That sounds familiar! :biggrin:
Original post by amiliar

This is the AS Biology level thread btw! I think you're looking for GCSE :smile:
Reply 15
I think I got the 4 mark translation question confused with transcription or was it translation??:confused:
Original post by Gappydoo

Not too bad tbh, way too many 4/5 mark questions and not enough short answer questions! Slightly confused about the hole in the heart question and the "molecular" structure of globular and fibrous proteins but apart from that I was pretty happy with it
Original post by 2kk2
I think I got the 4 mark translation question confused with transcription or was it translation??:confused:

Do you mean the one about the Factor VIII enzyme one? It asked about the role of both transcription and translation in the formation of the enzyme
Original post by Gappydoo

I really don't know, seen as how strict the mark schemes now are.
Original post by monkcatcher
I really don't know, seen as how strict the mark schemes now are.

Someone else has been doing the specimen papers then! :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending