The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OneandOnly123
that was actually a fine paper tbh, quite satisfied with it, the last question on Alzheimer was a pain tho, the paper was actually a lot easier than the specimen papers, how do u think u did?

i think did ok but i didnt do one of the questions for alzeimers and only did half the question for one of the four markers so lets say ive lost 6 marks already but i think i got like 50ish which is a B but might get a C annoyed hard stuff didnt come up but we know what is gonna be in the next paper though so if i do well in it i could have a confirmed B or A
What did everyone's graph look like? Mine looked sort of, like a squashed s.
Original post by mightyfall
If I said the vaccine contained dead pathogen instead of weakened, would I lost the mark?

No. :smile:
does anyone remember the actual size of the mitochondria?? I don't remember what I got as my magnification but I remember the image size...
Original post by rosemondtan
Same!!

For the graph tangent questions they usually don't have a set answer and they say use the students graph drawing to determine if the answer was correct my teacher said. My whole class got answers from 9.2 to 10.8 hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enderbat1999
i think did ok but i didnt do one of the questions for alzeimers and only did half the question for one of the four markers so lets say ive lost 6 marks already but i think i got like 50ish which is a B but might get a C annoyed hard stuff didnt come up but we know what is gonna be in the next paper though so if i do well in it i could have a confirmed B or A

good good dw g , keep ur head up and with a bit of perseverance u can still get to an A. do u hv a chem exam 2moro?
does anyone remember the actual size of the mitochondria?? I don't remember what I got as my magnification but I remember the image size...

magnification= 2125
I freakin out bc I wanted an A but I might have gotten a C in this one??? Need to ace the next one oh god....

4 micrometres
Reply 329

4 micrometer
Original post by Jumay
I got around 9.2, they might make give a range of answer for that question because everyone will have drawn a slightly different tangent :L

Got exactly 10.
Original post by moshe015
4 micrometres

Okay got it right then thank you so much!!
If I got a medium-high C in this paper, how much do I need to get in the 2nd paper to get a B or an A??? Any ideas??
That exam was hard!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OneandOnly123
magnification= 2125

wasn't it 84000/4= 21000

roughly 8.4 cm on ruler which is 84 millimetres, which is 84,000 micrometres
Original post by G.name
What did everyone's graph look like? Mine looked sort of, like a squashed s.

Mine was a perfectly straight line...
If I got a medium-high C in this paper, how much do I need to get in the 2nd paper to get a B or an A??? Any ideas??

A high/medium A I would say. Depends on boundaries. I'm sure you're going to be ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There was so many data questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rafiuddin
wasn't it 84000/4= 21000

roughly 8.4 cm on ruler which is 84 millimetres, which is 84,000 micrometres

I measured 85mm :\
What did u guys write for the statistical test

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending