The Student Room Group

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016

Scroll to see replies

For the name 2 cells question i put sieve tube elements and companion cells lol unsure about that
Original post by maryam897
Another feature of stem cells q? I was unsure what to write

I put that they can differentiate by biology teacher thinks thats right
for the transportation of water in the moss plant how were people making references to mass flow e.c.t. when theres no vascular bundles? didnt anyone talk about the root cell adaptation
What did you put for fill in the blanks q?
Original post by maryam897
For the name 2 cells question i put sieve tube elements and companion cells lol unsure about that

That would be found within the phloem which the q said they didn't want you to talk about
Yep i put that too
Original post by Bailey2j09
I put that they can differentiate by biology teacher thinks thats right
Is there any leeway on the measuring the artery question? I see some of you got 15mm - I counted 14 so I got 116 um as my answer. Obviously it's only 2 marks but it'd be annoying if I lost those.
Original post by MotorboatMyGoat
Dont get cheeky fam. On every paper I've seen they accept haemolysed, so do one you got it?

Ahem, notice how in the mark scheme they have blood cells in brackets

Idea of: cell surface / plasma, membrane (of blood cell) weak so, bursts / cannot withstand pressure / haemolyses ;
Original post by AlexH123
That would be found within the phloem which the q said they didn't want you to talk about

Yep thats true, i said guard cells and spongy mesophyll
would meristem and companion cells be right
Original post by lcarter98
Is there any leeway on the measuring the artery question? I see some of you got 15mm - I counted 14 so I got 116 um as my answer. Obviously it's only 2 marks but it'd be annoying if I lost those.

The answer for 14mm was 117 because it was to the nearest nm and the answer was 116.6 so you round it up
Original post by Kitty201322
would meristem and companion cells be right

No , it wanted two cells present in a dicotlydenous leaf but not in the moss leaf
That question said excluding cells found in vascular tissue

So cant be companion cells as they are part of the phloem which is a vascular tissue which they didnt want you to talk about

Meristem cells you dont find in the leaves. Correct me if im wrong
Original post by astrostar29
No , it wanted two cells present in a dicotlydenous leaf but not in the moss leaf
That question said excluding cells found in vascular tissue

So cant be companion cells as they are part of the phloem which is a vascular tissue which they didnt want you to talk about

Meristem cells you dont find in the leaves. Correct me if im wrong

great :frown:
Is the epidermal layer and the epidermis is the same thing???
So i came out of that exam thinking it went ok, now hearing everyones answers i really doubt i got an A :frown:
what did everyone write for the q about how water is taken up by the mosses root cells... because it has no xylem due to no VB... so the whole transpiration thing wouldent be right surely ? im so confused.
It was suppose to be guard cells and palisade mesophyll cells
Original post by astrostar29
Ahem, notice how in the mark scheme they have blood cells in brackets

Idea of: cell surface / plasma, membrane (of blood cell) weak so, bursts / cannot withstand pressure / haemolyses ;

Arrrggggghhhhhhhhh
I hope grade boundaries are low 😐
Original post by aliceliddell
I got 14mm too

I got 117* micrometers? :s

I did (14/120)x1000
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending