The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS New Spec - 26th May and 7th June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Luchamb
does someone want to do an unofficial markschemeee??

i cant remember half the questions. does anyone know what were the two ways in which you can use base sequences something like that
i wrote dna hybridisation and immunological comparison however not sure if its right :/
Original post by SANTR
What did everyone write for the '2 or 3 doses' question?

I put two doses as there were more antibodies left in the bloodstream?
Original post by SM-
How many marks is this?

As the cells grows more and more sucrose is hydrolysed to produce glucose and fructose for respiration to produce atp and energy for metabolic reactions.

...just realised i put glucose is needed for photosynthesis 😭😭 #failing
Original post by laney1999
What did you guys put about the inability of the fatty acid to go into the epithelium cell?

I just put that it was too large
Reply 164
Original post by NimcoA
i cant remember half the questions. does anyone know what were the two ways in which you can use base sequences something like that
i wrote dna hybridisation and immunological comparison however not sure if its right :/

I sorta described the two processes, so I said compare primary structures and heat complementary strands (In a bit more detail though :P)
Original post by CrazyFool229
I don't remember the options at all! Sorry!

The only option I remember is the RNA which I didn't tick and I know that's wrong :frown:

Capsid, RNA, enzymes and something else I can't remember - cell wall?
People are talking about a few statistical tests.... is my school the only one who didn't do statistical tests? I'm pretty sure its not in the spec!! All I know is the sign test from psychology and I know thats wrong so I just left the question blank :|
I got close to 10, 9.something

Did you draw a tangent at 10 minutes and calculated the gradient?

Yeah, I did difference in y of difference in X
My dY value was 100 and my dX value was 10 so 100/10= 10
Original post by saulgreen
People are talking about a few statistical tests.... is my school the only one who didn't do statistical tests? I'm pretty sure its not in the spec!! All I know is the sign test from psychology and I know thats wrong so I just left the question blank :|

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/biology-7401-7402/mathematical-requirements-and-exemplifications

Refer to section MS 1.9
Reply 169
What did everyone get for the concentration question, on what volume of water should be added to the 10000nmol dm/3 solution of the inhibitor?
Original post by saulgreen
I just put that it was too large

Same, what about why the lipid substitute couldn't be broken down by lipase?
Reply 171
Original post by SANTR
What did everyone get for the concentration question, on what volume of water should be added to the 10000nmol dm/3 solution of the inhibitor?

Was in 90cm^3 of that 10000 mol dm3 and then 10cm^3 water? No idea if that is right .I think I put that down?
Original post by SANTR

10cm^3 inhibitor to 90cm^3 distilled water

I put that the extra thing before the fatty acid changed it's shape so it won't be complementary to the enzyme anymore, so no ES complexes would form.
Original post by SANTR
how many marks was this question on?

Might have been two marks - One for identifying the correct test and one for the justification? Can't really remember!
I found it quite hard(to an extent) but the paper was easier than the specimen one.
What did you write about calorimetry?Was it about the light intensity ?
Reply 177
Was in 90cm^3 of that 10000 mol dm3 and then 10cm^3 water? No idea if that is right .I think I put that down?

Yes 10 cm^3 of water. How many marks was it?
I didn't mention the part about 90cm^3 of inhibitor :frown:

I put the poly-someting-glycol molecule (what ever its called) could't be broken down by lipase cause its not a lipid so doesn't fit the active site? Have no idea but didn't want to risk leaving the question unanswered
(edited 7 years ago)
I think for a C the grade boundary will be around 40/75 going from past years no more than 55% has been a C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending