The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

How did y'all do the maths question for guanine to get your answer. I did 100%-(the value given) and then divided by three (for the other three bases). Was that right?
Unofficial mark scheme anybody please?
Original post by hashman
the answer was tonoplast

If that turns out to be the answer I'm sueing CGP for not putting that in their text book
Original post by mali473
Tell me about it. I revised so so hard but my answers are completely different :/

Cmon! Be optimistic, it was such an easy test I had so much time at the end and I didn't get stuck one bit! Also, did you actually revise so so hard or did you just cram the day before? hmmm :rolleyes:
Original post by ImagineCats
If that turns out to be the answer I'm sueing CGP for not putting that in their text book

hahahahha XD

Yes! I never saw it in the spec or cgp, so didn't learn it. FOR GOODNESS SAKE
What did you guys write about the question about the root and the low water potential soil?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hafsa473
Cmon! Be optimistic, it was such an easy test I had so much time at the end and I didn't get stuck one bit! Also, did you actually revise so so hard or did you just cram the day before? hmmm :rolleyes:
are you srs???? ' such an easy test'

At the start of the book there should some small print that says that not everything is covered in their books
Original post by bhavik-
How did y'all do the maths question for guanine to get your answer. I did 100%-(the value given) and then divided by three (for the other three bases). Was that right?

I did 22x2 which was 44 and then 100-44 which was 56 and then divided that by 2 to get 28%
Original post by Tarlius
Unofficial mark scheme anybody please?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4121435

working one here fam
Original post by bhavik-

No they said there was 22% of adenine meaning there is 22% of thymine.

Therefore c and g = 56/2 = 28%
Reply 672
Original post by fteam
x=cell wall
The question about the conservation when asking about small groups were isolated advantages where:
if a disease arise will not wipe out whole population
isolated therefore protected from predators and human hunted rhinos.

Advantages????????????????/ Didn't it ask why separating into small groups would make them more endangered/at risk??????????????????
Original post by DaVinciGirl
What did you guys write about the question about the root and the low water potential soil?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put that the root hair cells would have a lower water potential.
So we're the first year of this spec AND it was pretty hard and controversial here- surely that screams low boundaries? We say that every year yeah yeah but seriously this must mean somethingAlso- my textbook says HIV is direct transmission, but so many people are arguing over it being indirect! I put A for that one saying it was athletes foot thats both in/direct transmission aaaaaaaaaaah
Original post by haes
Advantages????????????????/ Didn't it ask why separating into small groups would make them more endangered/at risk??????????????????

Yeah that was the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 676
Did anyone put chloride shift as their answer 😳?
Original post by OddFuturez
are you srs???? ' such an easy test'

k it wasnt easy, but like it wasnt that hard as long as you revised
So we're the first year of this spec AND it was pretty hard and controversial here- surely that screams low boundaries? We say that every year yeah yeah but seriously this must mean somethingAlso- my textbook says HIV is direct transmission, but so many people are arguing over it being indirect! I put A for that one saying it was athletes foot thats both in/direct transmission aaaaaaaaaaah

Yes!! I put agree woth you and i put A as well!
Original post by roastedcrumbs
No they said there was 22% of adenine meaning there is 22% of thymine.

Therefore c and g = 56/2 = 28%

Okay, that's obviously how you were supposed to do it :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending