The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

For question 14 I simplified 100-25pi to 25(4-pi)
Would I still get full marks?
I think I messed up the question about the standard form, I did 0.7x10^9, which would give the same answer but apparently it isn't standard form!
Original post by HateOCR
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PAPER GUYS: http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7/2/6/7/72672823/june_2016_higher_p1_worked_solutions_-_mr_kibria.pdf
Can you please comment or reply to me and tell me what you got roughly? I got 75 :frown: out of 100

I think I got 94 -ish. 75 is probably a solid A!
For the circle theorem question, I got all the rules and the Angles until the final stage where i made a calculation error and instead of 180-42 /2 = 69 I did 180-42 / 2= 79 ... HOW MANY MARKS SHOULD I GET IF IT WAS OUT OF 5?
Original post by Kumayl-B
For question 14 I simplified 100-25pi to 25(4-pi)
Would I still get full marks?

Yes that's fine.
for the last part of the vectors question about point S, i put that it was also 3:1 on the line OT (or something like that) and said the lines were the same. Could i get at least 1 mark for that?
Original post by bethanyjx
For the circle theorem question, I got all the rules and the Angles until the final stage where i made a calculation error and instead of 180-42 /2 = 69 I did 180-42 / 2= 79 ... HOW MANY MARKS SHOULD I GET IF IT WAS OUT OF 5?

probably 3/5 might be lucky and get 4 though.
Reply 1129
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Why did you put 100π?

Oh sorry I didn't put that I put 100cm^2 - TT25cm^2 would I still get the mark?
How many marks are allocated for each question individually?
Question 22 is 5 marks
For the one abou how girls went to the art gallery I put the answer in a two way table but didn't say the answer outside of it. Should this matter?
Original post by HateOCR
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PAPER GUYS: http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7..._mr_kibria.pdf
Can you please comment or reply to me and tell me what you got roughly? I got 75 out of 100

why is q 12 not simplified???
Original post by logicalfallacy
i'll create a foundation one here too.

please please !!
Original post by Charlotteim
How many marks are allocated for each question individually?[question 22 is 5 marks]
WHAT would 39/100 get you? Could someone guess this for me please. :smile::smile:
Can you please explain question 8 step by step?
Thank you
Original post by Mo128
Oh sorry I didn't put that I put 100cm^2 - TT25cm^2 would I still get the mark?

Yes as it's pi * 25 = 25 *pi

It's just good etiquette to have the co-effecient first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending