The Student Room Group

Camp Thailand

Ive just received an email to say my application has been successful for camp thailand 2017. I was just wondering if anyone has ever done camp thailand or knows anyone who has? Is the company safe and is it worth doing because it looks amazing on the website :smile:
Good luck, but in my opinion these Camps are a waste of money. You can do most of these activities under your own steam for free. Better to be independent, and go on your own or with a group of friends. These package versions are expensive too. Camp Thailand have good fun moments, but you're locked into a rigid structure, and the TEFL course is complete rubbish, not remotely worth the money you're paying. They hold it near a place called Surin. Take it from me, that isn't a place you want to be! It's in Isaan, which is by far the least interesting part of Thailand. Go to Chiang Mai and the Golden Triangle in the north or the islands in the south. Be free!
Original post by Megaaank
Ive just received an email to say my application has been successful for camp thailand 2017. I was just wondering if anyone has ever done camp thailand or knows anyone who has? Is the company safe and is it worth doing because it looks amazing on the website :smile:

I'm going next year , what dates are you going and to which camp?
I'm on camp thailand now, its utter *******s
Original post by sophieeedwards
I'm on camp thailand now, its utter *******s

Why do you say that?
There are some Camp Thailand reviews here which you might want to check out. It does look fun although I guess everyone has different experiences.

Sophie hopefully you can just enjoy being in Thailand and make the most of the experience :smile:

If you want to visit there are lots of other options too which are similar to Camp Thailand for example Thailand tours or even volunteer programs in Thailand where you can help elephants etc.

Let us know how you get on.

Quick Reply

Latest