The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ImagineCats
So we're the first year of this spec AND it was pretty hard and controversial here- surely that screams low boundaries? We say that every year yeah yeah but seriously this must mean somethingAlso- my textbook says HIV is direct transmission, but so many people are arguing over it being indirect! I put A for that one saying it was athletes foot thats both in/direct transmission aaaaaaaaaaah

Same, I'm hoping for low grade boundaries! Some questions were quite easy, but I have feeling many people will lose marks on silly mistakes.
I put athlete foot because you can transmit it though vectors I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
At this rate I may need to get 80% on the depth paper lol?!
So we're the first year of this spec AND it was pretty hard and controversial here- surely that screams low boundaries? We say that every year yeah yeah but seriously this must mean somethingAlso- my textbook says HIV is direct transmission, but so many people are arguing over it being indirect! I put A for that one saying it was athletes foot thats both in/direct transmission aaaaaaaaaaah

You're right. Athlete's Foot is a fungi and can be direct (e.g. contact) or indirect (e.g. formite).
Original post by hafsa473
Cmon! Be optimistic, it was such an easy test I had so much time at the end and I didn't get stuck one bit! Also, did you actually revise so so hard or did you just cram the day before? hmmm :rolleyes:

Well this is certainly going to make them feel better about it!
Reply 684
For the halophytes question I put high solute concentration in cell leading to low wp and water moving down wp grad into cell by osmosis. But I didnt put anything about carrier proteins. How many marks would I lose
Original post by haes
Advantages????????????????/ Didn't it ask why separating into small groups would make them more endangered/at risk??????????????????

I read it as that too? :tongue:
How did you work out how much oxygen was sent to the tissues or something like that?

I put A athlete's foot too, I'm pretty sure HIV is direct transmission..
Reply 688
Original post by Desouza123
How did you work out how much oxygen was sent to the tissues or something like that?

5 dm3 = 5000cm3
5000/100 = 50
50*20.1=1005cm^3
Feel like **** after that exam :bawling:, now I need to get a friggen A at Depth if I want to stay on the course...
No point in looking backwards now :u:
What do we think is going to be on depth? :colone:
Original post by roastedcrumbs
No they said there was 22% of adenine meaning there is 22% of thymine.

Therefore c and g = 56/2 = 28%

I got this too, I hope it's right, it was the only math question I felt confident on. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by haes
5 dm3 = 5000cm3
5000/100 = 50
50*20.1=1005cm^3

Ohh damn I didnt know you had to convert it into cm :frown: Thanks anyway
Would around 53-55 be an A? I don't know how much the grade boundaries are going to shift but i feel like a lot of people found it easy..

HIV could be both direct or indirect too. So I'm pretty sure A is right (I picked that) becuase althletes foot is definetely both indirect and direct.
If anything, althletes foot is the most right.
For the MCQ on what is present in eukaryotes and prokaryotes did you put ribosomes?
Also for the transpiration MCQ I think it was the Water filter did not have to be covered whilst taking readings. Not too sure.
How are two polynucleotides in DNA held together:

- Adenine pairs to Thymine, Cytosine pairs to Guanine
- 2 Hydrogen bonds between A and T, 3 Hydrogen bonds between G and C
- A purine bonds to a pyramidine

THis is what i put for that question
Original post by Desouza123
For the MCQ on what is present in eukaryotes and prokaryotes did you put ribosomes?
Also for the transpiration MCQ I think it was the Water filter did not have to be covered whilst taking readings. Not too sure.

Yeh I put ribosomes as well. I think I put the one about the screw for that one?
Thought this exam went really well accept the water potential of the potato (wasn't sure on how the mark scheme will be)

Did anyone else find it relatively easy?
Original post by SuperHuman98
Whatt did you guys get for the SA:Vol MCQ?

B was the answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending