The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

is question 18 the fraction question. if so, didn't they ask to write it in a mixed number?
Original post by DrPeter
There are people on this forum who have not yet sat this exam. Some may be asking to confirm questions and answers only to get the questions and answers for when they sit it later today.

The grades will rise if you give answers on here. Do not jeopardise your grade by giving answers until tomorrow.

Oh well
Original post by iMacJack
If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile

i didn't get the graph ones at all!!
Original post by TheOtherSide.
@Mr M didn't you say that discussion of the exam isn't allowed until tomorrow?

Yes it is giving answers to candidates that haven't yet sat the exam. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, TSR has decided not to try to protect the integrity of the exam so are allowing discussion after all.
Original post by bethanyjx
I think I got around 84..I was really really hoping for an A* so let's hope this next paper is promising :-)

An A* is usually around 80, so well done. I think I got around 92
I square rooted both sides of X^2 = 4(X-3)^2 to get X = 2X - 6 which i then solved to get X = 6, I dont quite get why this isn't allowed but will i at least get part marks as I got 6 which was one of the answers?
Question 21 is incorrect
This is what Edexcel told me last summer.

"A levels and GCSEs are taken all over the world by thousands of international students. Unfortunately, due to time zoning, it is not possible all students to sit the examinations at the exact time as our UK candidates, meaning they will sit later in the day. Technically, posting any content online is a copyright issue, but the primary concern for us is where a paper and answers are posted within 24 hours of an examination being sat. We ask all our teachers that they abide by the exam board's regulations in order to uphold the integrity of the examination.

As it causes a large number of complaints, may I ask that in future, you observe the 24 hour moratorium before posting the examination online?

Very kind thanks

Matthew Greenhalgh
Investigations Team
Business Improvement and Regulation
Pearson Education"
Reply 1208
We need the amount of marks for the later questions otherwise it's very difficult to estimate the mark you got.
what was question 20?
Could you please add the marks for each question?
It doesnt show marks for all of them.
How many marks is it for an A* averagely? I counted it up and highest I could get is 79 and lowest is 71.
Original post by Lewis__F
Good Job man! you obviously deserve it!

aww thanks lewis! you know what, it's with your help that i have become the person i am today.
Original post by eloisenewton_
70-80!? That's good definitely at least an A !

Yeah but I want to do further maths for A level, you need minimum A for where I'm going, but it'll really secure it if I get A*
Do you have the marks for each question?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by albanshqiptar
It doesnt show marks for all of them.

whats good alban
Original post by LogicalFallacy
Hey, if anybody is willing to contribute the answers, and preferably the questions, then I shall set up a mark scheme for you all. Thanks in advance!

Can people please attach question numbers to their answers? Method would be appreciated.

This will be updated as I go along.

Spoiler

Can you put the value of marks for each question please?
Original post by Andy-22
I think I messed up the question about the standard form, I did 0.7x10^9, which would give the same answer but apparently it isn't standard form!

Yeah, it was 7x10^8
(edited 7 years ago)
What grade would 88 be? Someone please reply.:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending