Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous.H
These are ROUGH grade boundaries;
A* ~ 78/100
A ~ 63/100
B ~ 48/100
C ~ 33/100

I think it could be 4-5 marks higher, considering it was easier than last years paper and last year it was around 76 for an a*.
Can anyone tell me if I will get one mark on the last question at least for doing this

http://prntscr.com/b8qn6v

The bit in red I did that.

could i get a mark for that.?????

Can't believe I forgot 4 letters on the 3rd question of a maths paper I did about 8 hours ago, sorry.
Original post by junayd1998
Can anyone tell me if I will get one mark on the last question at least for doing this

http://prntscr.com/b8qn6v

The bit in red I did that.

could i get a mark for that.?????

No, as you got the method wrong, not multiplying it by 1/2 to get √6/12.
Usually some find there is an easier and harder paper for maths, do people think this will be the hardest or the next paper will be harder?
What would you say the minimum mark you needed for a C was?
Original post by Laurencacti
Usually some find there is an easier and harder paper for maths, do people think this will be the hardest or the next paper will be harder?

Next one will be harder.
Original post by Oasis61
Oh thanks but lol I meant 42 for the estimation question, would that still be full marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you rounded to an appropriate degree of accuracy and did the calculations correctly then I dont see why not. It depends what numbers you chose.
Original post by 34908seikj
No, as you got the method wrong, not multiplying it by 1/2 to get √6/12.

dam i did divide by 2 in the exam but i got root 3 over 3 welp least i tried ayy
Original post by MrJamerJamer
I remember it being clockwise aswell.

I swear to God it was clockwise
Original post by KieranPRTL
What would you say the minimum mark you needed for a C was?

last year it was literally 26% for a c. 48 for a b.

Why everyone's saying it's 60s for a b, idk, stop worrying people. grade boundaries are usually MUCH lower.
Whaeeda Solani
Original post by ammarabbas
last year it was literally 26% for a c. 48 for a b.

Why everyone's saying it's 60s for a b, idk, stop worrying people. grade boundaries are usually MUCH lower.

Would you say if I got 32-35 marks in both of the papers I would be safe? Or nah?
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
I swear to God it was clockwise

anticlockwise m8
What would 55 be?
Original post by junayd1998
dam i did divide by 2 in the exam but i got root 3 over 3 welp least i tried ayy

Yea, you can't divide √6 by 3. Doesn't work like that.
Original post by Starface
As long as you rounded to an appropriate degree of accuracy and did the calculations correctly then I dont see why not. It depends what numbers you chose.

I did 900/19

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question 2(b)
Wasn't the point meant to be touching 3? Yours touches 4 and I'm pretty sure it touched 3 because I checked multiple times. I could be wrong but could you just double check your answer ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Thank you all for contributing!
My foot itches

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending