The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by Desouza123
Did anyone put the hinge region for the antibody MCQ?

yep!
Original post by MattLS
2 for the first one and 3 for the second I got

What question was this?
Reply 742
Original post by anna096
What question was this?

2nd last question, where you had to choose the letters to do with it i)being an active process and ii) goes from source to sink
Original post by MattLS
2nd last question, where you had to choose the letters to do with it i)being an active process and ii) goes from source to sink

I thought you just had to match one letter up to each!!
Original post by Black Rose
I'm annoyed that calculating Simpson's index, standard deviation, student's t-test etc didn't come up.

It wasn't supposed too its comes up in the depth paper along with long answer questions (5-6 markers)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Henna.x
Did anyone put chloride shift as their answer 😳?

I did but it was Bohr shift 😭
Reply 746
Original post by MattLS

I said it was FDA and then BEC. I believe that combination worked!
Reply 747
For the MSQ about kingdom domains did anyone get the one with Archea? Also what did people write about the question for respiring tissues on the dissociation curve question?
Waiting for a Hitler Reacts video on this exam pls someone
Reply 749
Also what was the answer to the MSQ about the cofactors of amylase?
The last question was about mass flow during translocation within plants using the plants vascular system? 4 or 5 marks i cannot remember.

For this q, firstly i said that the plants vascular system is the phloem and xylem vessels then i wrote about translocation and active loading how H+ ions are pumped out, brought back in with sucrose through co-transporter proteins and then diffuse through plasmodesmata into the phloem. Here the hydro-static pressure continues to build up until the sucrose is pushed from an area of high pressure to low pressure. Mass flow is the movement of assimilates such as sucrose in the phloem.

I know i probably overwrote it with some unneeded points but i was too worried about missing something out because ocr have vague questions and super specific mark schemes. In hindsight i think I should have mentioned how the water potential in the phloem drops and water moves in via osmosis.
What did you guys write??
Original post by indrx__
Also what was the answer to the MSQ about the cofactors of amylase?

Zn2+ and Cl-

Posted from TSR Mobile
what was the answer to the MSQ about the the tube containing a 'cytoplasm' of amylase and starch and 'extracellular fluid'?
What did everyone get for the cofactor table question?
Original post by Black Rose
What did everyone get for the cofactor table question?

I said cl
Cl2- I HATE MYSELF
Original post by laurawalcott
for the source/sink question did anyone get 1 letter for the first one (i cant remember which) and 3 for the second one

Yes!!
Reply 757
Original post by JayP454
what was the answer to the MSQ about the the tube containing a 'cytoplasm' of amylase and starch and 'extracellular fluid'?
I forgot what letter it was but it was the one with no ticks for the biuret test
Original post by Simbak6
The last question was about mass flow during translocation within plants using the plants vascular system? 4 or 5 marks i cannot remember.

For this q, firstly i said that the plants vascular system is the phloem and xylem vessels then i wrote about translocation and active loading how H+ ions are pumped out, brought back in with sucrose through co-transporter proteins and then diffuse through plasmodesmata into the phloem. Here the hydro-static pressure continues to build up until the sucrose is pushed from an area of high pressure to low pressure. Mass flow is the movement of assimilates such as sucrose in the phloem.

I know i probably overwrote it with some unneeded points but i was too worried about missing something out because ocr have vague questions and super specific mark schemes. In hindsight i think I should have mentioned how the water potential in the phloem drops and water moves in via osmosis.
What did you guys write??

Wasn't that 3 marks?
Original post by indrx__
For the MSQ about kingdom domains did anyone get the one with Archea? Also what did people write about the question for respiring tissues on the dissociation curve question?

Yep, what was the respiring tissues one again? and bohr effect apparently!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending