The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 34908seikj
If you had 100/25pi you MIGHT get an extra mark for the 25pi, idk though.

Do u think I would get a mark for putting 100-25PIE all over 4 i put stupidly as I assumed it was the same as a past question:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I got 64 what would I need to get a an A Or A*
Original post by Lmao123451
For question 9, the answer was
T = 5x + 20y

but I wrote: T = 5(x+4y). will I still get the mark?

Yes, as its equivalent to 5x+20y
Original post by esmeralda123
i got that too. how many marks was that? will i get at least a mark?

its because when you subtract a negative power it becomes positive.... possibly one mark, i made the same mistake
Original post by 34908seikj
How many marks did you get altogether?

Some of the questions don't have marks so I cannot say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Milly09025
Really?? I remember a past paper (2012) I think & it was 62 for a C. Are you sure 67 is an A? It seems like quite low for an A.

62 is normally a high B. My teacher reckons it's 65 for an A on this paper
Being an idiot when I got 100-25pi, I divided everything by 5 to 'simplify' but that was quite wrong! Only a mark lost though :smile:
Reply 1407
For question 5, I out 45 first then changed it to 50, would answer 50 days still get full marks?
someone please explain how you get 10-5m for question 4?!!
have you got the full question and workings for question 13?
Original post by Milly09025
Really?? I remember a past paper (2012) I think & it was 62 for a C. Are you sure 67 is an A? It seems like quite low for an A.

They mean on the one paper so like , about 31 would have been a C on each paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Some of the questions don't have marks so I cannot say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what grade do you think 146/200 would be?
Question 6- 18x5=90
Original post by blueribbons99
Do u think I would get a mark for putting 100-25PIE all over 4 i put stupidly as I assumed it was the same as a past question:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly don't know, might get a mark for method (getting the 100-25pi) but that's about it.
If I get between 50-55 on this paper could I still get an a overall and how many marks would I need. Did so bad on this paper and don't know why because it wasn't even that bad. Also anyone have any good revision tips for the calculator paper as I need to do good on it
Original post by Joshu19
I think I got 64 what would I need to get a an A Or A*

A is usually high 60's
Original post by esmeralda123
what grade do you think 146/200 would be?

An A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Azarhuntttt
If I get between 50-55 on this paper could I still get an a overall and how many marks would I need. Did so bad on this paper and don't know why because it wasn't even that bad. Also anyone have any good revision tips for the calculator paper as I need to do good on it

If you get 100 in calc that's 155, best case scenario, which depending on grade boundaries MIGHT get you an A

Link doesn't load on my phone or computer. Waited 10 mins for it to show up but it doesn't!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending