The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by torilee
I wrote about the difference in hydrostatic pressure between the source and sink, so the sap moves down the pressure gradient. I'm pretty sure that sucrose moving into the phloem at the source decreases the water potential, so net osmosis is into the phloem and the hydrostatic pressure increases. Then at the sink, sucrose moves into the surrounding tissues, water potential decreases and hydrostatic pressure decreases too, creating a pressure gradient, etc. etc.
Don't know if that's right, though :colondollar: It's probably not tbh

Yes this is pretty much what I put, but totally forgot to use 'hydrostatic' I just wrote pressure
awnser to the plasmodium question?
Original post by Black Rose
What did everyone get for the cofactor table question?

What were the awnsers like i cant rmbr🤔
Original post by JayP454
what was the answer to the MSQ about the the tube containing a 'cytoplasm' of amylase and starch and 'extracellular fluid'?

I think it was the one where the Buiret test had a tick because amylase is an enzyme which obviously is made of protein
What did everyone write for the structure of blood vessel question?
Reply 765
What did people get for the MSQ with a table of two different fields and the possible answers were about Simpsons index, species evenness and species richness? I think I guessed Simpsons index was greater in field G but it didn't make sense to me as a thought simpsons index was a measure of diversity?!
Original post by Therealbro
I think it was the one where the Buiret test had a tick because amylase is an enzyme which obviously is made of protein

I put C down? Is that the one🤔
Anyone know what the awnser to that weird ass plasmodium and erythrocrytes question was?
Original post by indrx__
What did people get for the MSQ with a table of two different fields and the possible answers were about Simpsons index, species evenness and species richness? I think I guessed Simpsons index was greater in field G but it didn't make sense to me as a thought simpsons index was a measure of diversity?!

I put species evenness for field G..

That the Tunica Externa/Media aren't present in the capillary and the fenestrations allow for diffusion of oxygen into the tissues.
Original post by nadeu01

I can't remember either but it was combinations of Zn+, Zn2+, Cl- etc

I have no idea its correct but i put down about how arteries have high blood pressure flowing through it and stuff bout how capilliaries had a short diffusion pathway and veins have deoxygenated blood.. Didnt ovbs write it like that but around them points 🤔
I can't remember either but it was combinations of Zn+, Zn2+, Cl- etc

Erm zn+ and cl-, thats what i put down..
Yep, what was the respiring tissues one again? and bohr effect apparently!

*sigh* when u write bohr and then cross it out and write conformational cuz it said change in the question *sigh*
Original post by nadeu01

The answer was either Cl2- and Zn+ OR Cl- and Zn2+.
I wrote the Cl2+ and Zn+ but many people who said they found the test quite good sounded extremely confident that it was the Cl- one so i got it wrong :frown:
Reply 775
Original post by nadeu01
Erm zn+ and cl-, thats what i put down..

Answer should have been Cl- for amylase ( left side ). And Zn+2 for the cofactors- if you hadn't read the specification you wouldn't have known. Really :/
Original post by Hmb28
Answer should have been Cl- for amylase ( left side ). And Zn+2 for the cofactors- if you hadn't read the specification you wouldn't have known. Really :/

CGP revision guide states it quite clearly.
Anyone know what the question to the pressures MSQ was? The lymph, tissue fluid, aorta and vena cava one? I think i did, High, Low, High, Low..
Original post by Hmb28
Answer should have been Cl- for amylase ( left side ). And Zn+2 for the cofactorsi- if you hadn't read the specification you wouldn't have known. Really :/

Ahh ****
Original post by Mia66
I forgot what letter it was but it was the one with no ticks for the biuret test

Yeahhhh got that too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending