The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by youngson
Once you have the total number of moles of gas which is 5 (3+2), to find the number of moles of B2O3, just divide by 5 which should give a value of around 0.04038

Ah okay! That makes sense, i read it wrong! I thought it meant carbon and chlorine.
Thank you!
Original post by monoman
The moles of gases formed is 5. The moles of boron oxide is 1. Therefore, it is a 1:5 ratio. Therefore, you divide by 5

Thank you!!
Original post by Turtlebunny
Yeah, its most likely our grade boundaries will go down because its a new spec and its meant to be harder, but unfortunately your boundaries will probably go up since everyone whos doing it is an A2 student so they'll all be good at it
I wish you luck tomorrow :smile:

Same to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Need some help pleased on 1b
I don't understand the question ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464274269.501831.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
I don't understand the question ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464274269.501831.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

The number of molecules in one mole of NH3 is avogadro's constant multiplied by 1. However, to get the number of particles, you have muliply this answer by 4 as there are four atoms in NH3 (one nitrogen and 3 hydrogen)
Original post by monoman
The number of molecules in one mole of NH3 is avogadro's constant multiplied by 1. However, to get the number of particles, you have muliply this answer by 4 as there are four atoms in NH3 (one nitrogen and 3 hydrogen)

The answer is equal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
The answer is equal

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hm
One mole of a substance always contains Avogadro's constant number of particles :smile:
Who's ready for tomorrow !!!
Original post by Bloom77

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, so the number of moles is the same as Avogadro's number right?

You have the same number of atoms in a mole as the number of MOLECULES in a mole.

Therefore you have Avogadro's number of argon atoms, and Avogadro's number of NH3 molecules.

Hope that's made it clear :smile:

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, the specifications were very nasty, and our teachers set the grade boundaries for that as 65% for an A, 55% for a B etc. the mark schemes were also overly harsh and normally would be more lenient. I think tomorrow is the slightly easier one personally, just make sure you learn the equations for the reduction of H2so4 using halide ions, uses of chlorine, and the reactions between group 2 and sulphuric acid and water.

AqA have also released a practical booklet, which includes things for A level, but has all of our core practicals in, as well as working out percentage uncertainty but idk if this is online, I'll have a look.

Good luck tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 231
Original post by Christina1999H

You have the same number of atoms in a mole as the number of MOLECULES in a mole.

Therefore you have Avogadro's number of argon atoms, and Avogadro's number of NH3 molecules.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, the specifications were very nasty, and our teachers set the grade boundaries for that as 65% for an A, 55% for a B etc. the mark schemes were also overly harsh and normally would be more lenient. I think tomorrow is the slightly easier one personally, just make sure you learn the equations for the reduction of H2so4 using halide ions, uses of chlorine, and the reactions between group 2 and sulphuric acid and water.

AqA have also released a practical booklet, which includes things for A level, but has all of our core practicals in, as well as working out percentage uncertainty but idk if this is online, I'll have a look.

Good luck tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi is there any chance you could send me a link of the practical booklet that AQA released. Thanks.
Original post by Christina1999H

Good luck tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
That makes so much sense
And I'm a retake student as well! Argh! I should've known that!
Thank you!
Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeed.
Hi is there any chance you could send me a link of the practical booklet that AQA released. Thanks.

This is the whole booklet..my teacher cut it down and printed it for us with only our AS practicals in, but the first practical (volumetric solution) is on page 64. Sorry I cant send you a digital copy of my version!

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/chemistry/AQA-7404-7405-PHBK.PDF
any predictions for tomorrow
Do we need to know redox titrations and iodometric titrations?
20160526_190133000_iOS.jpg
can anyone help with part b?
Original post by rosemondtan
Do we need to know redox titrations and iodometric titrations?

As far as I know we need redox titrations as its an assessed practical.
Original post by nicoledsk
20160526_190133000_iOS.jpg
can anyone help with part b?

Just multiply the I- equation by 5 and combine so you can eliminate the electrons on both sides of the equation
Original post by Paper_souls
As far as I know we need redox titrations as its an assessed practical.

I thought redox titrations were A2? Like using KMnO4 and all that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending