The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lattu27
Did the question say to give reasons?

Nope, just to calculate it
Original post by lattu27
Did the question say to give reasons?

No, but i was just saying them to you. But i did include the reasons in my workings
For the spheres question i got 1439 spheres. For last question i got 188. For probability i got 24/85 (not exact, i cant remember, it was 20 something over 80 something. For the equation of a straight line u had to multiply by 4 cuzz it said integers. Ended up getting -19 as C. Circle theorems i got 69. Anyone agree to any of these ????
Original post by Castro300
For the spheres question i got 1439 spheres. For last question i got 188. For probability i got 24/85 (not exact, i cant remember, it was 20 something over 80 something. For the equation of a straight line u had to multiply by 4 cuzz it said integers. Ended up getting -19 as C. Circle theorems i got 69. Anyone agree to any of these ????

I only remember the circle theorem one. and i got 63.So did 90% of my friends who also sat the exam. And the probability was 25/85 or smth.

Spheres question was around 1600. Last question is right. Probability is right. C is right. Circle theorems was a bit lower, around 63 I think
are you all sure that the answer of similarity was 102.4 or something close?? I got that but most of my friends said its wrong :frown: they told me that it is 256...
Original post by Abodee1
are you all sure that the answer of similarity was 102.4 or something close?? I got that but most of my friends said its wrong :frown: they told me that it is 256...

Defo was 102.4 dw
Omg I got all of what you did apart from the circle theorems one, I think that was 63
Reply 308
Original post by abid_zaidi
Omg I got all of what you did apart from the circle theorems one, I think that was 63

what did you use for the triangle q sine invers or tan invers ?

Yeah, all are right, except for the circle theorem one, I think it was 63.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aaljhfgahsj
Nope..dude the cleverest guy in my school who got 100% in every maths exam..no ****ing joke got 1439 as well, as well as a lot of my friends..

The question wanted the greatest number of cubes, right?
So that would be the largest/smallest....

So you find the upper bound of of the cubes length, so 4.55cm (convert to 45.5mm)
And the lower bound of the radius, so 2.5mm

Then you put them into the formulae and divide...

So 45.5 cubed/4/3 x pi x 2.5cubed = 1439.214.....
So 1439 whole cubes

We did it with our maths teacher. The answer is 1637 as you have to do 45.75 cubed to get the Upper Bound for the volume of the cube in question. Trust me I got 1439 too and it is wrong.
Original post by BobbyC12
We did it with our maths teacher. The answer is 1637 as you have to do 45.75 cubed to get the Upper Bound for the volume of the cube in question. Trust me I got 1439 too and it is wrong.

Yeah I found out :frown:((

Hopefully will pick up 3/4 out of 6
Omg, yeah sorry, 63, dunno why i put 69. It was 63. So whats this deal with it being 1600 not 1439 spheres???
Omg, yeah sorry, 63, dunno why i put 69. It was 63. So whats this deal with it being 1600 not 1439 spheres???

Idk. I got 1440 too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhiteX
what did you use for the triangle q sine invers or tan invers ?

I don't... really remember. Sorry
Original post by Droneon
Idk. I got 1440 too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully if enough people made the same mistake, they might make a "special case" in the mark scheme and award something like M4 A0 so we get a lot of the marks available!
what did you guys get for the cumulative frequency one? I got 18 and 18.5
Original post by ForeverFrench
I think I've failed

join the club
Original post by aaljhfgahsj
Hopefully if enough people made the same mistake, they might make a "special case" in the mark scheme and award something like M4 A0 so we get a lot of the marks available!

Yas hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abid_zaidi
what did you guys get for the cumulative frequency one? I got 18 and 18.5

I got samez

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending