The Student Room Group

Ocr english literature exam 26 may 2016

How was the exam?
I did streetcar and bloody chamber, what are your thoughts ?

Scroll to see replies

Streetcar questions were good do you think? Didn't like the masculinity question felt like the Blanche question was a bit open to interpretation
i personally found the streetcar question pretty ok, i picked the blanche one and wrote something about she was delusional because of this, delusional because of that.... i also talked about mental illness just so i could jam in some context about tw's sister with the mental illness but looking back on it im not sure that was wise :frown:
oh well.... i guess we'll see on results day....!!

EDIT: we only had to do one question from each section, right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Wish I wrote about Blanche being delusional properly I couldn't get the words out for my topic sentence so it was a bloody mess but have you seen OCR's marked previous essays on streetcar? Someone didn't refer to the question once in their essay and they got a bloody 26! That's a B!!! There's hope 😌
seriously?? oh gosh... that means theres hope for me too, i couldnt stop quoting the question all the way thru "blanche cant 'face the truth' because..." etc etc... im mainly just worried about the critics? i just put one, how many were we supposed to put in??....
Reply 5
Original post by abbieayinde
Streetcar questions were good do you think? Didn't like the masculinity question felt like the Blanche question was a bit open to interpretation

I quite liked it, I mean I don't know if it was what the examiner wanted but I wrote 5 pages about the Blanche questions saying that it's not her who can't face the truth, rather it's her fear of others I interpretation the the 'truth' fingers crossed, because I absolutely failed paper 1
Reply 6
Original post by nomnomnomm
i personally found the streetcar question pretty ok, i picked the blanche one and wrote something about she was delusional because of this, delusional because of that.... i also talked about mental illness just so i could jam in some context about tw's sister with the mental illness but looking back on it im not sure that was wise :frown:

Ahaha my friends and I were saying how we wanted to link to Stella but there was no real link for Blanche and stellar in the particular question... I too wanted to mention the mental illness to show my very vage knowledge of context, I just couldn't find any way in doing so, so hats off to you, and all the best
Reply 7

Ahaha my friends and I were saying how we wanted to link to Stella but there was no real link for Blanche and stella in the particular question... I too wanted to mention the mental illness to show my very vague knowledge of context, I just couldn't find any way in doing so, so hats off to you, and all the best
Original post by a199
Ahaha my friends and I were saying how we wanted to link to Stella but there was no real link for Blanche and stellar in the particular question... I too wanted to mention the mental illness to show my very vage knowledge of context, I just couldn't find any way in doing so, so hats off to you, and all the best

thanks, i'm really worried but overall quite happy with how i did :smile: good luck at results day!
Reply 9
seriously?? oh gosh... that means theres hope for me too, i couldnt stop quoting the question all the way thru "blanche cant 'face the truth' because..." etc etc... im mainly just worried about the critics? i just put one, how many were we supposed to put in??....

We were not taught critics all we ever did was literally go through one hour of our teacher give her own interpretation and how it links to her own life, I had no mention of critics, other than myself of course, so I hope that does not have a detrimental effect on my overall grade
(edited 7 years ago)
they gave the easiest street car questions possible which was good, bloody chamber was abit strange though
Original post by a199
We were not taught critics all we ever did was literally go through one hour of our teacher give her own interpretation and how it links to her own life, I had no mention of critics, other than myself of course, so I hope that was not have a detrimental effect on my overall grade

wait, really? i remember my teacher saying "you need to remember 8 critics... something something queer theory feminist theory etc etc etc" (obvs i couldnt remember any of them on the day so i just kind of... made one up :frown: ) m...maybe they don't have any impact on the overall grade?? i'm really hoping thats the case
Critics are important; A05 is 20% of the assement objectives for this exam.
Original post by OddFuturez

oh dear :frown: is including just one ok?
Reply 14
they gave the easiest street car questions possible which was good, bloody chamber was abit strange though

Yes, the questions were same as the candidate essays just worded differently
Reply 15
wait, really? i remember my teacher saying "you need to remember 8 critics... something something queer theory feminist theory etc etc etc" (obvs i couldnt remember any of them on the day so i just kind of... made one up :frown: ) m...maybe they don't have any impact on the overall grade?? i'm really hoping thats the case

That's dissappinting, so thank your very much Mrs xxxx, at least you guys had critics
Reply 16

Clearly not as important as my teacher's life
oh dear :frown: is including just one ok?

Probably not, you at least 5 I would say, in the last weeks paper did you mention critics for Shakespeare? But overall it shouldn't influence your grade too much
Elia Kazan is the easiest/clutch critic 😂
Probably not, you at least 5 I would say, in the last weeks paper did you mention critics for Shakespeare? But overall it shouldn't influence your grade too much

yeah lots! AND OH NO AT LEAST 5, OH NOO, OH SHIIIT
shiiit
20 % is quite a lot tho :frown: well... whats done is done i guess....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending