The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nadeu01
I put cytoplasm for W.. Unsure tho.. Got the same as your other ones tho

it was the sucrose solution, because the plasma membrane had pulled away from the cell wall because all the water had left the cell. (plasmolysis) As the cell wall is freely permeable the solution could flow through it but could not pass the membrane.

Original post by SuperHuman98
will Bohr shift give me the mark or was it meant to be Bohr effect?

Bohr shift seems fine, i put that too
Original post by Simbak6
the first one was C because it was asking for proof that it is an active process and this one mentioned drugs that inhibit respiration.then the second was ADF or something like that cant remember.

I got these too, fairly sure the active one could only be C as none of the others showed that it was active, and it makes sense to get 3 for the other one as it was 4 marks in total.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nadeu01

Same, I didn't know what else to put for W

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nadeu01

It was sucrose/assimilates as the cell wall is fully permeable.
I think the grade boundaries will be in the middle like 75% for an A cos some found it hard and some found it easy it's a mixture and it's a new spec do more likely to be lower. I found it in the middle tbh I made some stupid mistakes lol. I hope I get a least a C and an a on depth so I can get a B overall, fingers crossed
Original post by Kikkikkik
I got that too but i don't understand why people aint mentioning ing it
yessss i got 2/70 go me😍
Reply 805
For the zoo question did anyone put use artifical insemination or invitro fertilisation
So many people being blatant wind ups. That was not an easy test at all. Major parts of the spec were skimmed over. Many questions were so specific and took guess work. I've been creating in depth revision cards on every module throughout the year. I haven't had a social life. That exam was the most disappointing I've ever taken. All of my others I'm pretty sure I'l get an A/B on. To anyone else reading this and thinking that they're the only ones who found that really hard, you're not. To those who thought it went really well for them, I'm happy for you :3 .
Reply 807
What was W, I put air space :s-smilie:
Lol i so got a U 🙄
working on an unofficial mark scheme here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4121435&page=2

Keep this as discussion? once we agree on answers post them on that thread?
Does anyone know when the unofficial mark scheme will be up?
Original post by nadeu01

its water. without sucrose as it cant pass the cell wall, but water can
Reply 812
Come on, there's no way that paper was in the league of the specimen paper's, which is what we were expecting, so its a nice break at least. It is similar difficulty to legacy papers, so a grade boundary for A around 55 seems appropriate given no longer answer qustions
I feel like a lot of people made silly mistakes which can add to make a lot of marks gone. Maybe because of that the grade boundaries will be lower?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 814
Original post by B1g Al
Come on, there's no way that paper was in the league of the specimen paper's, which is what we were expecting, so its a nice break at least. It is similar difficulty to legacy papers, so a grade boundary for A around 55 seems appropriate given no longer answer qustions

The average grade boundary for legacy was 71%. Doubt it will jump 7% upwards for a new specimen paper. Expect about 70% - so 49 for an A.
Original post by MiracleLeaf
Does anyone know when the unofficial mark scheme will be up?

As soon as possible I hope.. I'm so stressed! :please:
Original post by 11234
For the zoo question did anyone put use artifical insemination or invitro fertilisation

YES I DID!!! That's like the only question I got right tbh
for the question about zoo conservation, could you write about conservation zones or would that be considered captive breeding
Original post by Black Rose
What did everyone write for the structure of blood vessel question?

I wrote something about how capillaries are one cell thick so there is a short diffusion distance.
Original post by xsrajabx
What are your minimum grades to stay on the course next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending