The Student Room Group

AS OCR History: From Autocracy to Communism (Russia from 1894-1941)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Gingerbread101
I was hoping for power struggle, civil war and October Revolution :lol:
I revised the power struggle because it was one of my favourite topics and found it one of the easiest to organise when I was doing the essays throughout the year.
My 1905 one was really disorganised, I didn't know how far past the actual revolution to go

I had the same problem with 1905, and talked about the same sort of things, but with talking about the army and Potemkin too :smile:

ah ****, I just talked about political power. didn't mention power over the army, nor how bloody sunday undermined his reputation as little father. :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NOP97
ah ****, I just talked about political power. didn't mention power over the army, nor how bloody sunday undermined his reputation as little father. :/

I separated my essay into two massive paragraphs; one on political power (Duma, Fundamental Laws, opposition groups) and one on social power (peasants, Bloody Sunday, restoring order, army)
Reply 62
I separated my essay into two massive paragraphs; one on political power (Duma, Fundamental Laws, opposition groups) and one on social power (peasants, Bloody Sunday, restoring order, army)

What did you get last year, and how much did you write in this exam?
Original post by NOP97
What did you get last year, and how much did you write in this exam?

Last year was really strange: I'd been getting 100% throughout the year, then I thought the exam had gone badly and that I'd picked the wrong question for one of them and thought I'd got a B - then on results day I had an E... I got the same mark on both questions and we got it remarked, but it came back within 48 hours with no changes. We got the script back and it wasn't great but it wasn't an E, so we could have put it forwards for an appeal but I decided to resit instead because I knew I could get close to 100%, and I want an A* overall :smile:
In this exam, I filled the booklet and the first side (only 1/2 side really) of an extension booklet :smile:
Reply 64
Last year was really strange: I'd been getting 100% throughout the year, then I thought the exam had gone badly and that I'd picked the wrong question for one of them and thought I'd got a B - then on results day I had an E... I got the same mark on both questions and we got it remarked, but it came back within 48 hours with no changes. We got the script back and it wasn't great but it wasn't an E, so we could have put it forwards for an appeal but I decided to resit instead because I knew I could get close to 100%, and I want an A* overall :smile:
In this exam, I filled the booklet and the first side (only 1/2 side really) of an extension booklet :smile:

Damn, hopefully you get that A*.

What other topics did you do last year, and this year?
Original post by NOP97
Damn, hopefully you get that A*.

What other topics did you do last year, and this year?

Last year I did Condition of England, and this year we're doing American Civil Rights :smile: you?
Reply 66
Last year I did Condition of England, and this year we're doing American Civil Rights :smile: you?

Churchill, Cold War.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending