The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Maths B (J567) Official Thread May 26th 2016 (Non-Calc)

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find this exam?
Reply 41
For the question where you had to turn the two fractions into one fraction in its simplest form what did we get? I can't remember the question exactly
Reply 42
any chance anyone remembers what the first 5 pages were about and the last 5???
Reply 43

Is there an unofficial mark scheme yet 😁 I thought it went so bad today so want to see how I did
Lots of people from my school found the exam hard, so hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower than last year...:s-smilie:
Original post by AnUbIs2016
Got 2 pi for the last question.
For the gradient one i got -1.5 and the intercept as 0.5,
and for the point where the two lines cross i got (3, -4)
For the running question i got 120 metres
The graph equation i got (x-2)^2
I got P as 6 (cube root of 2^p = 4)
K as -4 on the indices question
Pocket money as 7.50
For the cumulative frequency table i got false(?) true , false
For the area of my triangle i got 27(?)
Voucher A by a few pounds

I got pretty much the same as you aside from P as 5 and True, True, False (I think)
Original post by gcse2098
For the question where you had to turn the two fractions into one fraction in its simplest form what did we get? I can't remember the question exactly

I got

9x+7
---------------
(X+2) (X-3)

If I remember properly (the signs might be the wrong way round)
Original post by Heardmanator
I got pretty much the same as you aside from P as 5 and True, True, False (I think)

I am sure p was 6 but i could be wrong, most people i know got true, true, false (aside from me :redface:)
Reply 48
can anyone tell me what the first 5 and last 5 pages in the paper were about question wise??
1/118
Original post by Ksj9
can anyone tell me what the first 5 and last 5 pages in the paper were about question wise??

The first page was the reflection and translation questions followed by the drawing your own triangle bits. Uh i think the next few questions were the simple expressions and then there was the voucher A/B question?
I am sure p was 6 but i could be wrong, most people i know got true, true, false (aside from me :redface:)

It probably was 6 haha! I'm a notorious idiot when it comes to maths exams. Some of my previous mistakes include 1.5+1.5=3.5 and 13-7 is 7. Sometimes I can't believe I'm predicted A*'s :biggrin:

I got p as 6 aswell so if you do 2 to the power of 6 is 64 64 cube root is 4 so therefore p must be 6
Reply 53
The first page was the reflection and translation questions followed by the drawing your own triangle bits. Uh i think the next few questions were the simple expressions and then there was the voucher A/B question?

thank you, i can remember the first few but after page 11 i cant remember what came up so i am not sure how well i did overall.
[QUOTE=Ksj9;65211999 thank you, i can remember the first few but after page 11 i cant remember what came up so i am not sure how well i did overall.

I the last question was the length of the arc, and there was a couple of surds and a solve by factorising question above the write as a single fraction question. There were also histogram, probability and vector questions :biggrin:
Reply 55
I the last question was the length of the arc, and there was a couple of surds and a solve by factorising question above the write as a single fraction question. There were also histogram, probability and vector questions :biggrin:

yes thats it, thank you. i am just waiting until someone creates a mark scheme so i know how i have done, anyone got one?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Heardmanator
I got

9x+7
---------------
(X+2) (X-3)

If I remember properly (the signs might be the wrong way round)

Ah good that's what I got too! :smile:
Reply 57
What did you guys put for the estimate the red and blue counters.
I put 120 for red counters and 80 for blue counters
Original post by Ayb0ss
What did you guys put for the estimate the red and blue counters.
I put 120 for red counters and 80 for blue counters

i think i put 115 and 85 or something like that
Reply 59
Original post by h_wxller1
i think i put 115 and 85 or something like that

Would it be marked according to certain values or ranges?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending