The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maggiedavies
For the calculate the rate of reaction I did 220 divided by 10 = 22 ??????

I got 225 then divided it by 10 so it was 22.5 - the mark scheme will probably have a range that can be correct! :biggrin:
Original post by sameer99
as always i made a couple of silly mistakes and gave away a few very easy marks but i still found that paper ok

i hated that graph question, did anyone get their rates between 1.2x10^-3 and 4x10^-3,

Your numbers are the same as mine. I've heard some people multiplied the numbers by 1000 and changed the unit but the question specified standard form so I'm not sure whether they would get full marks.
as always i made a couple of silly mistakes and gave away a few very easy marks but i still found that paper ok

i hated that graph question, did anyone get their rates between 1.2x10^-3 and 4x10^-3,

yes i did!!
Original post by Rach2802
yes i did!!

Original post by BasicMistake
Your numbers are the same as mine. I've heard some people multiplied the numbers by 1000 and changed the unit but the question specified standard form so I'm not sure whether they would get full marks.

thats great :smile:
Awfully hard exam... anyone made a Unofficial mark scheme yet?
does anyone know anyone that is gonna make an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by Samihauddin
What did u guys write for the statistical test

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its a Student T-Test as you're measuring the significant difference in means. So thankful our school spent a lot of time on stats in biology.
Original post by AvaPawar
Its a Student T-Test as you're measuring the significant difference in means. So thankful our school spent a lot of time on stats in biology.

our school didn't even teach us anything to do with stats until 11th may!!

i forgot during the exam what "t test" was called
I got 225 then divided it by 10 so it was 22.5 - the mark scheme will probably have a range that can be correct! :biggrin:

Thank god we probably did the same method then. I was thinking 225 but was wondering if they were trying to catch us out as it was pretty much in between 220 and 250, I am sure they will have a range! :biggrin:
Hey guys- I don't recall the statistical method question and now I'm really worried that I've missed out a double spread page in the paper? Does anyone remember any questions around that question so that I know if I've done it or not,.....I'm freaking out so bad here
our school didn't even teach us anything to do with stats until 11th may!!

i forgot during the exam what "t test" was called

apparently lots of schools didn't even mention the stats, I'm so shocked about that seeing as maths takes up a minimum of 10% of marks

i thought that you draw a tangent at that point as that is how to find rate in textbook and then you find the gradient of the tangent
Horrible paper! :frown:
Original post by AbbieNathan
Hey guys- I don't recall the statistical method question and now I'm really worried that I've missed out a double spread page in the paper? Does anyone remember any questions around that question so that I know if I've done it or not,.....I'm freaking out so bad here

i think a diveristy question was below it?? Give two ways how the base sequence can be used to compare....something.....something diversity ??? i think

i had 5 minutes to do the last question, i cried to myself in the exam:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

Yeah
Original post by Yusufff
Is this even right?? I put days on x and rate of hydrolysis on y? Anyone else?

Yes that's what I did!!
Original post by hellopls
i thought that you draw a tangent at that point as that is how to find rate in textbook and then you find the gradient of the tangent

I've read that too but the mark schemes to past / specimen papers have different methods.

The attached image for example (is not from the Bio paper), e.g.
Work out the rate of reaction at 30 seconds. Draw line going up till it hits the line, then go across (left). 1.4.
1.4 divided by 30 = 0.04

(edited 7 years ago)
Guys my teacher never did anything like T test? Can you explain to me what it is for future reference?
Original post by Yusufff
Is this even right?? I put days on x and rate of hydrolysis on y? Anyone else?

don't worry i did that too, nearly everyone i spoke to today did that:smile:
Original post by kiwifruit99
i got 10 for the rate and 21,000* or something similar to that for the magnification... did you guys get that?

I got the same, completely messed up the graph q tho, I multiplied by 60 instead of divided smh :/ most likely lost all the marks for that q

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending