The Student Room Group

OCR Maths B Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Psychosis mock
Don't u do 6/60 x 5/59
Which is 1/118

Thank you so much for posting this, I did 6/60 x 5/59 as well as was freaking out that others got 0.1. Guess it shows that I shouldn't just believe what others say is correct :smile:
Reply 41
3?

Might get a cheeky mark then 😒

Aiming for an A* but I think I've blew that unless the grade boundaries go down to what they were in 2012 (159 A*) if they are like they were last year (169) I'm screwed
Original post by studentgcse2016
same!! pretty sure thats right

I got 205 but that was a really hard division
Original post by adamodactil
This is why it was badly worded! Like anything >120 would be the point where they overtake, so idk why they didn't just ask for the point where they met. Bloody OCR

69? oh dear
Generally felt this exam was much harder than the 2015 one though. I came out of that confident and got a good mark, but this one was definitely not as good! What did you guys think of it compared to the 2015 paper?
Seemed easier
I told my teacher some of the questions and they said the grade boundaries will be high like 170 A* 155 A 130 B 115 C
Reply 47
Original post by robyn2000
Generally felt this exam was much harder than the 2015 one though. I came out of that confident and got a good mark, but this one was definitely not as good! What did you guys think of it compared to the 2015 paper?

I did the 2015 paper and got 89 on Non Calc and 87 on Calc 2015 so much easier everyone pray for low grade boundaries
Reply 48
Original post by Fingermepls
I told my teacher some of the questions and they said the grade boundaries will be high like 170 A* 155 A 130 B 115 C

Don't know who your teacher is but I don't think he knows what he is on about or she -- 115 for a C would create national uproar that is impossible it was 69 for a C last year -- an increase like that would be impossible
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by willg66
Don't know who your teacher is but I don't think he knows what he is on about or she -- 115 for a C would create national uproar that is impossible it was 69 for a C last year -- an increase like that would be impossible
apparently it was easy in comparison to some others, he just guessed but they'll be high
Original post by willg66
I did the 2015 paper and got 89 on Non Calc and 87 on Calc 2015 so much easier everyone pray for low grade boundaries

I got similar marks to you, average an a* overall in the mock. General feel at my school was that this exam was much harder - please let there be low boundaries, I really want an A!
For the one about the two people running, could I still get 3 out of the 4 marks even though I came to the wrong answer? (I got 124 if anyone's wondering). My method was weird which is why I'm worried - I just wrote out the 3 times table up to 124 (I know 124 isn't actually in it, I must have made a mistake), and then wrote out 4 times table offset by 10 places. I really hope they credit weird methods because I would of got the right answer if I wasn't a pleb who couldn't add 3 correctly.
Reply 52
Anyone remember the area of the triangle one near the start? I got a decimal around 200 - 300 I think not sure though
Original post by Eldronyx
For the one about the two people running, could I still get 3 out of the 4 marks even though I came to the wrong answer? (I got 124 if anyone's wondering). My method was weird which is why I'm worried - I just wrote out the 3 times table up to 124 (I know 124 isn't actually in it, I must have made a mistake), and then wrote out 4 times table offset by 10 places. I really hope they credit weird methods because I would of got the right answer if I wasn't a pleb who couldn't add 3 correctly.

I got 124 as well! I think I did the same method as you. I think we will get some method marks, maybe 2 out of 4? But what I'm hoping is that they give a range for the answers, as it was when the girl overtook the boy, if that makes any sense? I am praying for method marks here!
Reply 54
Original post by Kristina.24
Voucher A gave the cheapest
116 red counters and 84 blue counters
Not sure what questions numbers they were for and I'm not 100% sure they were right

I got this 😜
Reply 55
9 sided shape exterior angle - 40 degrees and the interior angle 140 degrees
Reply 56
Original post by Tp1999
9 sided shape exterior angle - 40 degrees and the interior angle 140 degrees

Yeah I got that
3?

it was 2:frown: i remember that one because i got it wrong! haha always remembering the ones that cause me distress!
Reply 58
What you guys get for the intersection of the two linear graphs? Coordinates
Original post by willg66
Might get a cheeky mark then 😒

Aiming for an A* but I think I've blew that unless the grade boundaries go down to what they were in 2012 (159 A*) if they are like they were last year (169) I'm screwed

holyyyy, im screwed too then!! really really want an A*!!! im hoping i do well in paper 4 but for me i find it harder because OCR make it harder just because we have a bloody calculator!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending