The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakstar
Also for one of the midpoint co-ordinates for one of the questions I have put the midpoint of the y being 4.75. Is it correct?

That doesn't sound right. Y = -2
Original post by Arifmumin
Wher is the foundation one

If someone can link me the paper, I can knock together a quick one for you guys if you want.
does anyone think that the calc will be just as hard or d you think that they will make it harder than the non calc?
Original post by 34908seikj
Mixed numbers

A) 1 1/5 * 2 1/3

B) 2 7/15 - 1 2/3[/QUO

Cheers for that mate
Original post by emsypol
does anyone think that the calc will be just as hard or d you think that they will make it harder than the non calc?

harder than non calc
Original post by sanu1999
either C or B :wink:

Must be 'B'!!!
Could you do a foundation one pleaseeee
I got 68 out of 100. What grade would that be? And could I possibly get an A* with both papers combined?
That doesn't sound right. Y = -2

I believed the midpoint equation would be y1+y2/2 which is how you would work out the midpoint. I cant remember the figures, but i applied that knowledge to it. And also it cant have been a whole number as one of the co-ordinates of the y was a decimal and the other was a whole integer.
Original post by Esra Oksuz
I got 68 out of 100. What grade would that be? And could I possibly get an A* with both papers combined?

Would need a very high grade on calc, it's possible .

68/100 is most probably an A, but a low one. To get an A*, you would need about 95+ on the second paper unless the grade boundaries are extremely low. Good luck :smile:
Would need a very high grade on calc, it's possible .

Is the calc meant to be harder?
Original post by Rakstar
I believed the midpoint equation would be y1+y2/2 which is how you would work out the midpoint. I cant remember the figures, but i applied that knowledge to it. And also it cant have been a whole number as one of the co-ordinates of the y was a decimal and the other was a whole integer.

well that's what the unofficial mark scheme from the teacher has is at. I can't remember what I put down for it now. You might be right though

The coordinates of P are 5,7 and M is 1,2.5

So Qx = 5+x/2 = 1

5+x = 2
x=-3

Qy = 7+y/2 = 2.5
7+y = 5
y = -2

Therefore the coordinates of Q are -3, -2
Original post by iMacJack
If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile

last que. v hard
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Is the calc meant to be harder?

No but I found the non-calc to be pretty easy, so I expect the calc to be harder.
Original post by TheDragonGuy
68/100 is most probably an A, but a low one. To get an A*, you would need about 95+ on the second paper unless the grade boundaries are extremely low. Good luck :smile:

... You know he isn't getting that.
Mixed numbers

A) 1 1/5 * 2 1/3

B) 2 7/15 - 1 2/3

Would you get any marks for 2 12/15 instead of 2 4/5?
Thank you
It's been posted like 50 times m8

Oh **** 😂😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest