The Student Room Group

lets sue edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anneka2
U didn't even take the exam lol, we are not over reacting, the whole after exam forums are just for fun to take OUR mind of EXAMS, btw what is it with u guys on the STUDENT room if ur not even a STUDENT

I actually did do the GCSE Edexcel Maths Higher paper today and I am a year 11. When I said " I just don't understand why students cause a huge uproar whenever they see an opportunity" I was just referring fellow students. I did the exam and did not see any problem with the paper although I can see a clear lack of mathematical ability on this form which is being blamed on the paper. I myself accept I am at a C trying to aim for a B and I did struggle with some parts of the paper. I got about 50-55 marks on the paper but this was due to my own lack of ability and not the paper so I am not blaming Edexcel.
Original post by bantaleg
Sit down shut up
Sit down shut up
Sit down shut up
Sit down shut up

same...
Original post by anneka2
Here's a tip, don't be an ********, this is only a feed for people with a sense of humour, not a feed for the obnoxious ( that that counts as u so u should leave ) go join a chat for politics or something

How about instead of typing this **** you actually go and ****ing revise you idiot then you won't be complaining when the exam comes would ya? Sit down, shut up
Original post by Tinka99
I actually did do the GCSE Edexcel Maths Higher paper today and I am a year 11. When I said " I just don't understand why students cause a huge uproar whenever they see an opportunity" I was just referring fellow students. I did the exam and did not see any problem with the paper although I can see a clear lack of mathematical ability on this form which is being blamed on the paper. I myself accept I am at a C trying to aim for a B and I did struggle with some parts of the paper. I got about 50-55 marks on the paper but this was due to my own lack of ability and not the paper so I am not blaming Edexcel.

Tinka99 you are 100% correct. These stupid northerners don't revise so wouldn't know wtf the whole thing's about
Original post by Gabika1979
It was mega hard. There was probably one or 2 easy questions....the rest was a carnage.

Like wtf was up with the last question on the maths paper? I'm actually confused.

Spoiler

Original post by anneka2
Ok what i'm trying to say is people who didn't take the exam yet have plenty opinions on it should leave, we don't need judgment from people taking things too literally, for god sake people, if u didn't take the exam stop saying it was easy if u revised, we all revised, Most of us found it difficult, ur conclusion is proven right there to be bs

I didn't revise. I know I did well (if the unofficial mark scheme is right).
Original post by failbot
Like wtf was up with the last question on the maths paper? I'm actually confused.

Spoiler

I just came back from an interview there ahaha
haha so cute
Tinka99 you are 100% correct. These stupid northerners don't revise so wouldn't know wtf the whole thing's about

Thank you at least, somebody understands my point here. I am also a northerner so can say for a fact that's not true with all northerners.
Reply 89
I hated that maths paper today!
Reply 90
[QUOTE="bantaleg;65217719"]How about instead of typing this **** you actually go and ****ing revise you idiot then you won't be complaining when the exam comes would ya? Sit down, shut up[/QUOTE
Ahah omg 😂, I don't know what's more funny the fact that u can't seem to understand the short two sentences that I said (just to be clear since u must have little comprehnsion, I stated nothing about complainig about the exam, only a personal opinion that people like u should not be aloud to talk so much bs in a student chat forum) or the fact that u used accent in text, u do realise when people read texts they cant here "ya" accent "in it tho".
I just came back from an interview there ahaha

How was it? Probably not a complete screw up like Edexcel, am I right? :tongue:
Hiya,
I am evening student too. I work whole day and all of my mock exams in the college were C' and when I saw this paper I found it hardest of any we were ever given in the college.
I got around 49-53 points on this one yesterday, but could get so many more if there was more time allowed! I don't have special needs, but felt 1 hour 45 mins was nowhere near enough. I would need good 15 more minutes.
I also feel we should get some extra points for age ( like in 11+ exams) .

Original post by KatherineL88
I had the edexcel higher maths today. A lot of what I revised wasn't on the paper. For me, this was going to be the harder paper of the two.

I did have a melt down this afternoon, much calmer now. I'm pretty certain I've got around a D grade on this paper.

I found the paper difficult but at my old age, 27, this is the first time I've ever taken a maths GCSE and have only studied it for 9 months, 2 hours a week evening college and the rest YouTube on my days off. When I look it at it that way, the paper was probably about right in terms of difficulty, although the surds question was ridiculous.

I'm all for ranting, I've had a few rants and tears about it today and feel much better for it, we can sometimes do more damage by holding the stress in. It's better coming out as a few taps on a keyboard that being kept in to build up. Especially when you've got more exams ahead.

I'll be happy with my D, to go from nothing to a D for me, personally, is an achievement. Next time I take it, I'll pass. I took this exam on for me, to widen my job prospects (although I haven't done that badly) and to hopefully work towards some business courses in the future.

It was a long time ago I did any qualifications but I can't even begin to try and imagine how most of you must feel. For me, this is optional. For a lot of you I know your college/university places are absolute dependant on it. For those reasons I send you all the luck, faith and positivity in the world. From what I've read on here a lot of you seem to have done fab.

So have your rant and rages, have a cry, tell Angie and her Varnish to do one( it was the rent one that got me - who can rent anywhere for £240?!) just knuckle down and fingers crossed for the next paper. Have a little faith. Don't worry about what anyone else has got, or not got, or when they got it, or how the got it!

And if it doesn't happen for you now, it will do eventually, have a little faith. Everyone's path is different, especially Angie's, and her half varnished floor.

Good luck everyone for the 9th x
Original post by sfaraj
no the bio exam

edexcel maths was calm

I heard biology was pretty hard :biggrin:
Original post by georginarowley
Thank you! A actual nice, positive comment that actually recognises the stress gcse students are under. It seems that what was originally a thread to humorously complain and commiserate about a difficult paper is now full of people telling us to quit complaining and how GCSEs are easy; people who don't add anything to the general happiness and wellbeing of others.
Once again, thanks for actually understanding :smile:

Its not a crime for you to find your gcses difficult, im just not a very arrogant person like some of the people on this thread (which, by saying that sort of makes me an arrogant person lool)
Original post by gameofno
lets go purge/massacre edexcel bc their exams are lit giving me depression

edit: guys, you need to CHILL. if you don't wanna listen to people complaining why tf are you on the thread? venting makes me feel better, and if you don't like that, literally gtfo its not even my problem. If I wanna talk about how crappy the exams are, its my god damn opinion, and i can do what i want. yall are being immature asf by just getting depressed that im complaining. if my whining is annoying you so much, why the hell are you spending your time reading it and replying? jesus. the maturity level rn is 0. nobody told you to come read this. this is just for anyone who feels the same away. get out

Lets do AQA too.. AND OCR. Lets do all of them!
Original post by _Xenon_
The exam was harder than A levels!

Trust me. GCSEs are piss easy compared to AS/A2.
Also f*ck you edexcel :mob::mob::mob:
Original post by mrashid98
Its not a crime for you to find your gcses difficult, im just not a very arrogant person like some of the people on this thread (which, by saying that sort of makes me an arrogant person lool)

Lol yeah seem like a chill person, I honestly don't understand people sometimes
Original post by siamesedaffodil
Trust me. GCSEs are piss easy compared to AS/A2.
Also f*ck you edexcel :mob::mob::mob:

Will I be able to cope with A levels maths and science
Original post by _Xenon_
Will I be able to cope with A levels maths and science

Everyone will tell you that you need A*s to take maths and science. I got Bs in my maths and science and no A*s at all. Honestly, A levels arent as bad as everyone seems to make out. Yeah theyre difficult compared to gcse, but if you take subjects that you enjoy and youre willing to work hard in them, you'll be okay.

What I'm saying is, A levels sound daunting but they're nowhere near impossible.

Quick Reply

Latest