The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hezzlington
Relationships aren't about what you gain and 'what's in it for you'.. It's about what you can offer another person.

No it's about half what you can gain and half what you offer. It has to be an equal balance.

If there was genuinely nothing in it for you then you won't be happy.
Nop..
Just be your own hero Work hard and pay your own bills instead of someone saying you wouldn't of done it if it wasn't to me..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarahsez
As a woman I honestly don't feel like I need a man relationship wise. What could a man offer me?

I make my own money and pay my own bills. I have a nice car. Kids? Sperm donor or just buy a dog. Sex? Vibrator(most men are rubbish in bed) or a FWB would do. protection? Police(note: 2 women a week are killed by their partners so maybe we need protection from them instead) . I can fix my own thing -well I can change a bulb, do the D.I,Y etc

Conversation? I get that at work and with friends. Emotional comfort? Women are better at it so one of my female friends will do.

Oh and I forgot to add that married women are the most unhappiest people- various studies support this. After the glamour of the big wedding wears off most women come to the realisation that they f'ed up. Besides how many men out there truly respect they wives and not expect them to be they second mothers or servants.

Stop being a feminazi
Original post by Twinpeaks
No it's about half what you can gain and half what you offer. It has to be an equal balance.

If there was genuinely nothing in it for you then you won't be happy.

Part of intimacy is being with somebody who can address your needs without you having to expect them.

Anticipating somebody elses needs is a gesture of love.
I'm quite fond of my boyfriend. Maybe I don't 'need' him in my life, but he makes it an awful lot better. So there :hand:
The OP is a typical bitter feminist who will become a sad lonely old woman that spends most of her time with her cats.
Lool I definitely don't need a man, I'm a lesbian :lol:
The question is "do I even need a man?". This is generalising sexist BS. You may not feel like you need males in your life and that's fine for you but guess what, the world doesn't rotate around you.
As a woman I honestly don't feel like I need a man relationship wise. What could a man offer me?

I make my own money and pay my own bills. I have a nice car. Kids? Sperm donor or just buy a dog. Sex? Vibrator(most men are rubbish in bed) or a FWB would do. protection? Police(note: 2 women a week are killed by their partners so maybe we need protection from them instead) . I can fix my own thing -well I can change a bulb, do the D.I,Y etc

Conversation? I get that at work and with friends. Emotional comfort? Women are better at it so one of my female friends will do.

Oh and I forgot to add that married women are the most unhappiest people- various studies support this. After the glamour of the big wedding wears off most women come to the realisation that they f'ed up. Besides how many men out there truly respect they wives and not expect them to be they second mothers or servants.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4122701&p=65217773#post65217773
Original post by Limerence.
I wonder the type of comments I would get if I made a thread titled "Do men even need women???" and generalised all women.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4122701&p=65217773#post65217773
Original post by slade p
The OP is a typical bitter feminist who will become a sad lonely old woman that spends most of her time with her cats.

To be fair, I'm probably going to end up as a lonely old man with old my cats to keep me company XD.
Original post by black1blade
To be fair, I'm probably going to end up as a lonely old man with old my cats to keep me company XD.

Well you may but if you atleast try to seek a woman for companionship then that's ok as apposed to someone not wanting it in the first place.
Original post by slade p
Well you may but if you atleast try to seek a woman for companionship then that's ok as apposed to someone not wanting it in the first place.

Well it's fine that the OP feels a certain way but the fact she is projecting her feelings onto half the human race is madness!
Original post by keturah
Well yes, which is why I said I'd like one.

:kissing2:
Original post by z33
im assuming you have personally interviewed all 3.5 billion women in the world and they have all told you all they want from men is entertainment. Oh oh what's that? Oh you didn't? Well then stop spouting **** like an angel found you and gave you this info :wink: maybe that's why you're only used for entertainment x_x

EDIT: k maybe that was a bit too harsh but still xD

No - Your right I haven't interviewed 3.5 billion women but I've interviewed 3.4 billion women. So that's a good sample size.

You should just become a lesbian. That way you'll need no men in your bed :mmm:
Reply 116
Original post by PrincePaul6888
No - Your right I haven't interviewed 3.5 billion women but I've interviewed 3.4 billion women. So that's a good sample size.

Minimum 3.45 billion still not good enough
Reply 117
Original post by Anonymous
"Sperm donor"
There's a contradiction here. What I got out of your comment is that women do indeed need men. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't sperm donors still men? Meaning we would still need men. Unless this sperm donor you're stating is somehow magically a woman who could both miraculously produce eggs and sperm in her reproductive system then I agree we don't need men. However, that is not our reality but fantasy thinking. It's obvious women need men. No men, no reproduction and no humanity- unless you want humanity extinct....
So the answer to your question is YES, women generally speaking need men and men need women. I'm sorry but I found this thread offensive. As someone who has a father, uncle, male cousins who all believe in chivalry and the importance of being gentlemen- I think your generalisations do not do the good, respectful men any justice.
A better question would have been, does a woman need a man to be happy? In this case, the answer would be subjective but at least we know many women can be happy alone, being self fulfilled, independent and successful.

I said relationship wise we don't need men.Do you even read?

I'm never gonna have a relationship with my sperm donor now am I!!
Reply 118
Original post by 6eor9ie
As a 18 year old woman who's been in a relationship for 2 and a half years, it has never been about need. I'm independent and don't get to see my boyfriend everyday as he lives quite far away. But it's always been about want rather than need. It's nice to have someone who's always interested in you, will be there for you if you are struggling through a rough patch. It's nice to love and feel loved. It's nice to spend time with someone who you can laugh and have a great time with. I'd survive fine without my man but wouldn't be half as happy. If you wanna be single, then that's your own choice, but you can't speak for 'women' in general neither can you generalise men.

Men make women more miserable.youre only 18. You'll find out when you're 35.
Reply 119
Original post by slade p

At least my cat would be more loyal and cuddly.

Men don't make a woman . You can be just as happy and free without a man. Not having a man in your life does not equal to being Sad and lonely. Typical male thinks the world revolves around them.

Latest

Trending

Trending