The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016)

Scroll to see replies

What topics do we think will come up on the longer questions in breadth as I did biology today and that was very concentrated on biodiversity! :smile:
Original post by JL124251
What topics do we think will come up on the longer questions in breadth as I did biology today and that was very concentrated on biodiversity! :smile:

I don't know- what's the most boring topic in chemistry? Maybe OCR are making it a pattern
Original post by ChelK321
I don't know- what's the most boring topic in chemistry? Maybe OCR are making it a pattern

Formation of pi and sigma bonds? Definition of alkali and acids?
Reply 223
did people think the specimen papers were hard for this?
i was just wondering if we were to do past papers which unit should we do, and how do you find the specimen paper of this years exam.
Original post by Helenyyyyyyyy
i was just wondering if we were to do past papers which unit should we do, and how do you find the specimen paper of this years exam.

The specimen paper is on the OCR website. Go to H032, then go to the sample assessment materials and you will find the breadth and depth paper
Original post by cordeliaheath_
yh was kinda straightforward really hopefully same for chemistry lmao

praying the same. Biology paper was quite simple so im hoping OCR will be nice with their chem paper too :smile:
Most unprepared ive ever been for an exam
Good luck to you all tomorrow.
Reading through this forum has reminded me of revising for my chemistry A level 4 years ago, and I've just finished my chemistry degree today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lostox
Good luck to you all tomorrow.
Reading through this forum has reminded me of revising for my chemistry A level 4 years ago, and I've just finished my chemistry degree today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw congrats!!! How prepared were you for your AS-Level Chemistry? What did you get if you don't mind me asking? :biggrin:
Original post by ChelK321
Most unprepared ive ever been for an exam

I can 100% say the same thing :s-smilie:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464301686.686921.jpg
Hi pls can someone help me with this question because I have no idea how to work it out! 😬😭
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 232
anyone else up at 3 to revise?
Original post by Saaranjan
Me:smile:. Just doing last years papers

Lol best of luck to you💪🏼 just finish going to bed haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464301686.686921.jpg
Hi pls can someone help me with this question because I have no idea how to work it out! 😬😭
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. Work out the theoretical volume of gas percentage yield =actual/theo *100

2. Work out the no of mole from the above value=ans(1)/24

3. Ratio 3:2
No. of mole in hydrogen=ans(2)*3/2

4. Nom= volume/24 volume=ans(3)*24

Posted from TSR Mobile
If Kc constant comes up im just going to walk out the exam I swear.:colonhash:
Just checking but is it a anything on the spec can come up exam?
Original post by Adores
Just checking but is it a anything on the spec can come up exam?

It happened yesterday in Bio. Obviously not same thing but same topic/ even sub topic.
Original post by A Sajid
If Kc constant comes up im just going to walk out the exam I swear.:colonhash:

You will be fine, they give you the concentrations, you just do products/reactants and remember to put powers (indices) if there are balancing numbers beforehand. Good luck everyone.
Original post by Normy18
Aw congrats!!! How prepared were you for your AS-Level Chemistry? What did you get if you don't mind me asking? :biggrin:

Thank you!
I was quite prepared for AS Chemistry ended up getting an A, and then in A2 I got a B (never understood NMRs until I came to uni :L)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest