The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JonathantD
for the circle and square areas, if i wrote 100 - 25pi in my working out clearly but put 75pi in the answer box, would I still drop a mark?

3 mark question. 1 mark for area of a square and 1 for circle - I think

last mark for correct answer

However It could be 1 mark for area of circle and square, 1 mark for 100-25pi and the final mark for 25(4-pi)

Since the official mark scheme isn't out we don't know. However I think it's the first option. So you'd only drop one mark.
Who do you think you are??? Running around the skies tearing marks apart?? Who do you think you are...
Original post by 34908seikj
3 mark question. 1 mark for area of a square and 1 for circle - I think

last mark for correct answer

Cependant It could be 1 mark for area of circle and square, 1 mark for 100-25pi and the final mark for 25(4-pi)

Puisque the official mark scheme isn't out we don't know. Cependant I think it's the first option. So you'd only drop one mark.

alright.

also for the rotation question, if i rotated it correctly but clockwise instead of anticlockwise would I get one of the marks?
Original post by Mike1221
Who do you think you are??? Running around the skies tearing marks apart?? Who do you think you are...

u w0t m8
alright.

also for the rotation question, if i rotated it correctly but clockwise instead of anticlockwise would I get one of the marks?

Most likely no marks at all since it was only a 2 mark question IIRC.
No chance. An expand and simplify question would NEVER be one mark. It is two. And the factorising question is only 1 mark. I am 100% sure.

They're all correct.
If you write T=5x+2y, you get 3 marks, with no working?

What if you write 100-25pi, then the next line write (100-25pi)/4, as I thought it was only one shaded bit we were trying to find?
Most likely no marks at all puisque it was only a 2 mark question IIRC.

they do 2 marks for correct answer? damn.
Original post by DaveMoishe
No chance. An expand and simplify question would NEVER be one mark. It is two. And the factorising question is only 1 mark. I am 100% sure.

Haha n^2 - 7n can only be factorised as n(n-7) or I guess you could complete the square on it, however that would be ****ing pointless and incorrect.
3(m+4)-2(m+1)=(3m+12)-2m-2= 3m-2m+12-2 = m+10
They're all correct.
3(m+4)-2(m+1)=(3m+12)-2m-2= 3m-2m+12-2 = m+10

Wrong.

3(m+4)-2(4m-1) expanded is 3m+12-8m-2 = -5m+10
Haha n^2 - 7n can only be factorised as n(n-7) or I guess you could complete the square on it, however that would be ****ing pointless and incorrect.

I don't understand your point. I know it can only be factorised in this way. It was only 1 mark, the original spec should be adjusted, as it was the expand and simplify was 2 marks, for expanding correctly, then simplifying.
they do 2 marks for correct answer? damn.

You may get one mark, as if you rotated it 90 degrees and by the correct point, it is only the anti bit you got wrong.
I don't understand your point. I know it can only be factorised in this way. It was only 1 mark, the original spec should be adjusted, as it was the expand and simplify was 2 marks, for expanding correctly, then simplifying.

Not quite sure what you mean? all you had to do is factorise for 2 marks, it's an easy picked up. Are you saying WHILE there wasn't anything else you had to do, their SHOULD have been?
Lol, what I did is correct, someone must have wrote the wrong question earlier, cuz I was answering it, I did my maths GCSE and further maths last year. You are correct for your question. Look up like 3-5 questions
Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

(edited 7 years ago)
Lol, what I did is correct, someone must have wrote the wrong question earlier, cuz I was answering it, I did my maths GCSE and further maths last year. You are correct for your question.

then what was "your" question? seems irrelevant as that was the question that was on the exam paper..?
All I am saying is that the mark scheme is incorrect. The factorise was 1 mark and the expand and simplify was 2 marks. It reads the other way round.

Not quite sure what you mean? all you had to do is factorise for 2 marks, it's an easy picked up. Are you saying WHILE there wasn't anything else you had to do, their SHOULD have been?
All I am saying is that the mark scheme is incorrect. The factorise was 1 mark and the expand and simplify was 2 marks. It reads the other way round.

http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7/2/6/7/72672823/june_2016_higher_p1_worked_solutions_-_mr_kibria.pdf

You're right.
Original post by Gabika1979
I was thinking the same!

Don't you just love how I say it's the easiest marks ever only to realise I didn't write the formula out so will probably drop a mark for that 😂
There's nothing to simplify from that, y outside must= 0 or y inside must =7

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending