The Student Room Group

Edexcel S3 UK and IAL June 2016 model solutions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SharingOBE
Hi,
I made a terrible error when pooling the binomial question. Given that my following test statistics and conclusions suited my mistake, how many marks would I lose for that?
Thx.

Sounds like you'd lost 2.
Original post by Zacken
Sounds like you'd lost 2.

Can you tell me the values that were in the binomial question for the observed frequencies please? before pooling or combining
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
Hey!

Edexcel S3 UK June 2016 solutions below. IAL ones are coming in the next post by someone else in a bit. I can't upload the actual paper due to copyright violations but if you don't quite remember what a question was, leave a reply below and I'll jog your memory.

Was a easier than usual paper, I think. Wordy questions might lose people a mark or two. High boundaries.

Edit: Q6(c) should read 3 degrees of freedom instead of 2 and a corresponding chi-squared value of 11.345, the conclusion still stands.

in the last part of Q6 i combined my table and had my H_0 and H_1 written down with correct lamda and i did v=5-2=3 how many do i get out of 6?
Hi,

In q4 the egg question i forgot to times my answer by 2 how many marks would i lose?

Also, for the confidence intervals in the last question i did 19.5/100 and 1.5/100 and times my answers by 100 at the end, would i lose any marks?
Reply 24
Did the values for r and s still come out the same for using 1.78 instead of 1.80 at 2 decimal places?
Reply 25
Original post by physicsmaths
in the last part of Q6 i combined my table and had my H_0 and H_1 written down with correct lamda and i did v=5-2=3 how many do i get out of 6?

If you read the edit in my first post, you'll see that that's correct and I was wrong. :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by FireBLue97
Can you tell me the values that were in the binomial question for the observed frequencies please? before pooling or combining

6, 25, 12, 6, 1
Reply 27
Original post by Interest_123
Hi,

In q4 the egg question i forgot to times my answer by 2 how many marks would i lose?

1 or 2.

Also, for the confidence intervals in the last question i did 19.5/100 and 1.5/100 and times my answers by 100 at the end, would i lose any marks?

Don't think so.
Original post by Zacken
1 or 2.

Don't think so.

Thank you v much
Reply 29
Original post by Chrisdav
Did the values for r and s still come out the same for using 1.78 instead of 1.80 at 2 decimal places?

Can't check right now, but I doubt it heavily.
Reply 30
I think I found the mean from the sample (xf)/f and when I used it came to the same values as the expected? Thanks anyway for the answers.
Original post by Zacken
If you read the edit in my first post, you'll see that that's correct and I was wrong. :smile:

naa, i know i only did upto there that is all i did, i know you wrote it wrong im saying how many do i lose since i had to move on i only combined my expected stuff and wrote hypothesis and degrees of freedom.
Reply 32
I think I found the mean from the sample (xf)/f and when I used it came to the same values as the expected? Thanks anyway for the answers.

That's what you were meant to do, that's how you get 1.8.

naa, i know i only did upto there that is all i did, i know you wrote it wrong im saying how many do i lose since i had to move on i only combined my expected stuff and wrote hypothesis and degrees of freedom.

Ah, I think you'll lose 2 marks?
Original post by Zacken
That's what you were meant to do, that's how you get 1.8.

Ah, I think you'll lose 2 marks?

nice, so lose 2 marks for vaue of X^2 cv and end statement? decent not bad at all, also just before there i got lambda=1.799 since i used the first expected value. that is still correct right? only problem is the expected values they had given were not accurate hence everyone who did my way lost accuracy in lamda but to 2 dp we get the same r and s values.
Reply 34
nice, so lose 2 marks for vaue of X^2 cv and end statement? decent not bad at all, also just before there i got lambda=1.799 since i used the first expected value. that is still correct right? only problem is the expected values they had given were not accurate hence everyone who did my way lost accuracy in lamda but to 2 dp we get the same r and s values.

You might lose 3 marks, not sure if I remember the markscheme properly. I think assume 3 marks lost to be safe.

You might drop a mark for the lost accuracy, not sure.

All in all, sounds like you did well enough to make your offer tbh!
Reply 35
Really Zacken? What the original numbers for 4>= for the columns before the were merged in your answers on 6(b).
Original post by Zacken
You might lose 3 marks, not sure if I remember the markscheme properly. I think assume 3 marks lost to be safe.

You might drop a mark for the lost accuracy, not sure.

All in all, sounds like you did well enough to make your offer tbh!

lol yeh shud get 70+/100. My way is much smarter tho, it was like a STEP spot.
Reply 37
Really Zacken? What the original numbers for 4>= for the columns before the were merged in your answers on 6(b).

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or more.

5, 40, 31, 18, 6, 0
Reply 38
Much appreciated.
In the question 7(a) I changed all the values from % just to normal decimal ones but didn't change it back to %, how many marks will I lose?

Quick Reply