The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mike1221
There's nothing to simplify from that, y outside must= 0 or y inside must =7

Thats assuming it = 0, but your point still stands :biggrin:
Original post by DaveMoishe
You may get one mark, as if you rotated it 90 degrees and by the correct point, it is only the anti bit you got wrong.

yeah that's what I did. i always go to confident and never read the question
and simplify 3(m+4) - 2(m+1) (1 mark) Written by a person earlier. I was just trying to help, cuz what he wrote to the question he wrote was wrong .
Original post by Mike1221
Lol, what I did is correct, someone must have wrote the wrong question earlier, cuz I was answering it, I did my maths GCSE and further maths last year. You are correct for your question. Look up like 3-5 questions
I noticed for 19a) part 1 and part 2 is 3 marks, how is that divided between the two sections?
I noticed for 19a) part 1 and part 2 is 3 marks, how is that divided between the two sections?

part one was one mark since y=0 and part 2 was 2 marks because you had to draw a line on the graph and at 4 to the equation - not in that order
(edited 7 years ago)
It's the one with the graph to find the solutions from the graph. I'm assuming 1 mark for the first bit, then 2 for the next bit?
It's the one with the graph to find the solutions from the graph. I'm assuming 1 mark for the first bit, then 2 for the next bit?

Edited my other comment
Hii can someone please help me Im really worried, for the vector question the answer is a+b but I never put the lines_ under the vectors, will I still get the mark??????Pleaase someone answer ASAP
;ksdvc
Original post by iMacJack
If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile

hello, with question 2b) [basically the question with rotate 90 degrees anticlockwise], did the person do it wrong who did the paper? because it looks like it should be down one more layer? because they went three up and one to the left from point (0,1), when surely they should have gone two up and one to the left? Please tell me otherwise :-)
Original post by Kavitaa.xo
Hii can someone please help me Im really worried, for the vector question the answer is a+b but I never put the lines_ under the vectors, will I still get the mark??????Pleaase someone answer ASAP

You will probably get benefit of the doubt. However you didn't need any notation for a+b (for example) so you'll be fine
Original post by 34908seikj
You will probably get benefit of the doubt. However you didn't need any notation for a+b (for example) so you'll be fine

Thanks, sorry to be annoying but, I noticed that for question 7) the answer was no Angie hasnt got enough tins, because she needs 10litres and only has 7.5-- However I put that she needs 4 tins and only has 3 tins, will I not get full marks for this even though I providing my working out to get that 10 litres are needed? thanks

You will, you don't need to put the lines for things like a+b, only for showing a point to another point like OB
Thanks, sorry to be annoying but, I noticed that for question 7) the answer was no Angie hasnt got enough tins, because she needs 10litres and only has 7.5-- However I put that she needs 4 tins and only has 3 tins, will I not get full marks for this even though I providing my working out to get that 10 litres are needed? thanks

As long as you say she can't cover the whole floor and show it - doesn't matter how you do it, you'll get full marks
Does anyone think this paper was slightly more difficult compared to last years paper? If so, what do you think the grade boundary for an A will be? Im predicting 60-62 as last year you only needed 63/64 on both papers for an A...
Going to bed now. PM me if you need help with anymore questions - will pick them up in the morning.
Does anyone think this paper was slightly more difficult compared to last years paper? If so, what do you think the grade boundary for an A will be? Im predicting 60-62 as last year you only needed 63/64 on both papers for an A...

I thought this years paper was easier, hard to say.
For the varnish question I got 70cm^3 for the area and then divided that by 5 which meant she did not have enough. How many marks would I get? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oasis61
For the varnish question I got 70cm^3 for the area and then divided that by 5 which meant she did not have enough. How many marks would I get? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same, you should most of the marks for most of it right apart from maybe 1 due to a slight blip in the method.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending