The Student Room Group

is it possible to get an extra year of funding?

I've used up two years of funding already, but would like to start a new course. I've read that with compelling circumstances, an extra year could be granted, but I was wondering what qualifies for this?

Does mental health come into it at all? I had what I think is fair to describe as a breakdown, which obviously made uni work pretty impossible, but I fear this won't be seen in the same light as a debilitating physical injury?
Depends how your mental illness affected your ability to study.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Depends how your mental illness affected your ability to study.

Without wanting to be too detailed or graphic, it destroyed my will to live and I gave up on everything.

Is there a specific criteria or process for how it's assessed?
Original post by roybocuma
Without wanting to be too detailed or graphic, it destroyed my will to live and I gave up on everything.

Is there a specific criteria or process for how it's assessed?

It's done on a case by case basis. So they look at the evidence you provide and decide from there whether to give you an extra year.
Reply 4
Original post by Tiger Rag
It's done on a case by case basis. So they look at the evidence you provide and decide from there whether to give you an extra year.

Ok thanks. A couple more questions, if you by any chance you know the answers to:

Can I apply for an extra year and then from there if accepted adjust my actual funding application, or is it all done together?

Also, when applying do you do so specifically for a certain course, or generally as in it could be for any course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending