The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
what is the grade boudary to get C and i think i got 14 marks on this paper
Thanks 😁
Original post by mout
what is the grade boudary to get C and i think i got 14 marks on this paper

Grade boundaries for C on the higher paper are generally between about 57 and 65 over the two papers.
Original post by MARYAM177777777
For question 22 I only got X=6 so would I still be able to receive full marks or not?

No you won't, probably 2/3
Original post by MARYAM177777777
For question 22 I only got X=6 so would I still be able to receive full marks or not?

which method did you use, was it trial and error?
Reply 2025
I got x=-18 and x=-6 for the quadratic question
Original post by SlippyG08
Someone plzzz help me!!! Im predicted an A but looking at this paper i've only got 51 marks. How many marks do i have to get in the calculator paper just to get an A overall?

It really will depend on the level of difficulty with Paper 2, hence you may need anything from 74-88. This first paper wasn't the most difficult in recent years, so the upper number will probably be closer to the requirement.

Suggestions
Focus your efforts on the high end (A* and A) calculator questions. Ensure you don't lose silly marks in the earlier questions. Forget this first paper, it is done.

Good luck
How many marks in each paper do I need to obtain a C, overall?
Original post by Abdul_413
Grade B-A 100%

73 is 100% an A, what grade boundaries are you looking at? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lek1
I got x=-18 and x=-6 for the quadratic question

Did you get
3x^2 - 24x + 36

If yes, you should have then divided 3x^2 - 24x + 36 by 3, then found the factors. I believe you found the factors of 108 (3 times 36) and sum of -24.
(edited 7 years ago)
the circle theroms one was 90 degrees definatley
Original post by iMacJack
If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile

in question 5 for the amount of days the oil in the tank would last, i rounded 892 litres to 1000, so my end answer was 1000/20= 50 days instead of 45. would i still get both marks, despite not rounding to 900? someone told me you must be specific
Original post by SlippyG08
Someone plzzz help me!!! Im predicted an A but looking at this paper i've only got 51 marks. How many marks do i have to get in the calculator paper just to get an A overall?

Around 80 marks you should be aiming for
Original post by magicstars1233
the circle theroms one was 90 degrees definatley

You needed to subtract 21 from 90. Therefore, answer is 69 degrees.

Alternatively it was (ironically) alternate segment theorem = 69.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks for the marksheme. Do you know the grade boundaries for June 2016? If you do know please can you send as quick as possible.
Sorry, how can you be predicted 'A' and score just 51? I scored 49-53 and me 'C'-'B' prediction.
Did you have really bad day?

I would imagine you mist do 100% on the calculator one to get 'A'x
QUOTE=SlippyG08;65228901]Someone plzzz help me!!! Im predicted an A but looking at this paper i've only got 51 marks. How many marks do i have to get in the calculator paper just to get an A overall?
Original post by 11NSHERIN
Thanks for the marksheme. Do you know the grade boundaries for June 2016? If you do know please can you send as quick as possible.

No-one knows, not even the examination board !!
Original post by DrPeter
No-one knows, not even the examination board !!

But would it be similar to the June 2015 or go up?
Original post by 11NSHERIN
But would it be similar to the June 2015 or go up?

Take an average (mean) of all the grade boundaries so far.
im retarded i thought that 0.8 * 0.05 was 0.400. because i added a 0 to make 0.80 as it was 80%. i dont get how the answer is 0.04

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending