The Student Room Group

Edexcel as biology resit (old spec)

How did everyone find the unit 1 resit yesterday?
I thought the paper was awful and its making me so stressed now... I wasn't prepared for all the Vitamin C questions and for the others I just felt as if I was repeating myself all the time. Few okay ones, but mostly it was a disaster (or at least it felt like it).
Well, last year I felt confident after the exam so maybe freaking out now is a good sign?

How did you find it?
Reply 2
Original post by Blackbee
How did everyone find the unit 1 resit yesterday?

Didn't find it too hard. Wasn't it weird that the Cystic Fibrosis question said CTFR gene instead of CFTR gene?
Reply 3
Original post by v.hufflepuff
I thought the paper was awful and its making me so stressed now... I wasn't prepared for all the Vitamin C questions and for the others I just felt as if I was repeating myself all the time. Few okay ones, but mostly it was a disaster (or at least it felt like it).
Well, last year I felt confident after the exam so maybe freaking out now is a good sign?

How did you find it?

I felt like it was okay but there's a few questions I think I answered wrong, I feel like there was a lot of questions you had to read a few times to try understand what they were asking
Reply 4
Original post by sheyg97
Didn't find it too hard. Wasn't it weird that the Cystic Fibrosis question said CTFR gene instead of CFTR gene?

I didn't even notice 😁
I didn't even notice 😁

Neither did I.... it was just a horrible paper.
Reply 6
Neither did I.... it was just a horrible paper.

I think the questions were just worded differently to normal
I think the questions were just worded differently to normal

I agree. They also moved away from the normal format of having the multiple choice at the start and * scattered around. They just switched that round. I hated having the * questions left till the very end. It just made me more confused, especially as I was running out of time.
I completely misread the Aa part of the last question and had to write in the blank space below some rubbish I had time for which (hopefully) will give me some marks...
Reply 8
I agree. They also moved away from the normal format of having the multiple choice at the start and * scattered around. They just switched that round. I hated having the * questions left till the very end. It just made me more confused, especially as I was running out of time.
I completely misread the Aa part of the last question and had to write in the blank space below some rubbish I had time for which (hopefully) will give me some marks...

I was pushed for time as well and i think quite a lot of people were, the last question as a whole was quite confusing I think cause there was so much information given

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending