The Student Room Group

Aqa chemistry as level 2016 predictions

Scroll to see replies

what practicals do we need to know for tomorrows exam ?
Reply 101
Original post by diren1999
what practicals do we need to know for tomorrows exam ?

Making a volumetric solution and titration
Measuring enthalpy change
Measuring rate of reaction (x at the bottom of conical flask)

Inorganic
Testing for group 2 and 7
Testing for hydroxides and ammonia
Testing for carbonate and sulphate ions
Original post by I cry
Making a volumetric solution and titration
Measuring enthalpy change
Measuring rate of reaction (x at the bottom of conical flask)

Inorganic
Testing for group 2 and 7
Testing for hydroxides and ammonia
Testing for carbonate and sulphate ions

I swear the rate of reaction practical is in the kinetics section, which is not in paper 1
Reply 103
Can someone quickly outline all the anion and cation tests?!
Reply 104
http://www.docbrown.info/page13/ChemicalTests/ChemicalTestsa.htm

This site has all the reactions in a table (links to cations are on the top of the page)

good luck guys, don't die!
Reply 105
Original post by ColorMiKiki
I'm doing it now and I legit panicked for a minute because I thought it was a further maths paper or something. If it's all mathsy tomorrow I'm going downnnn.

Yeah the spec had a LOT of maths which was so confusing - apparantly the paper will be maths heavy.

The old spec was so simple with literally the same questions every year and a few maths bits..Im not looking forward to it at all
any predictions for practical questions?
Original post by boredom07
I swear the rate of reaction practical is in the kinetics section, which is not in paper 1

Not just to you but to EVERYONE
Paper 1:
Physical Chemistry
Atomic Structure
Amount of Substance
Bonding
Energetic
Equilibria and Redox Reactions
Inorganic Chemistry
The periodic Table
Periodicity

&Group 2 and Group 7
Original post by diren1999
any predictions for practical questions?

Not guaranteed, but highly unlikely for a backwards titration as there was one in the specimen! NOT 100%. But maybe on calorimetry< in my opinion.
Anyone who is panicking, just try your best! Also remember unless you are dropping it next year that this is just a practice. However try do whatever you can to answer all the questions. There is multiple choice, so be careful. Many answers will be similar to try trick you! Do not spend too long on them, if you do not know it or it requires a long calculation skip it (Mark the page with a cross in the top corner) and make sure you come back to it at the end! Answer all multiple choice regardless of knowledge as there is a 25% chance you could get it right! If you have time at the end check your calculations first as this is where the main silly errors occur.
Good luck!
How did everyone find it 😭 :frown:
Reply 111
Original post by srayogn

Definitely a mix of good and bad :/ How did you find it?
Original post by srayogn

I did so badly!!!! I'm so upset rn, I feel like the paper wasn't as bad as the specimen paper but I still didn't do very well. How did you find it?
Original post by Christie_xx
I did so badly!!!! I'm so upset rn, I feel like the paper wasn't as bad as the specimen paper but I still didn't do very well. How did you find it?

Same
I missed out so many questions because I ran out of time 😂😨
I had to guess some of the multiple choice and missed out completely the 6 marker on designing the experiment.
I'm just praying that paper 2 won't be so bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
That paper was even worse than the specimen paper!!! And usually they say the specimen is supposed to be way harder. That was awful. What I though was my best subject (I was 3 marks off an A in my mock), is now by far my worst. I'm sooooo upset. That was the wort thing I've ever done!
To be fair, I think I did quite well in the first third... Then downhill from there. I didn't even finish the paper.
Original post by Namita Gurung
Same
I missed out so many questions because I ran out of time 😂😨
I had to guess some of the multiple choice and missed out completely the 6 marker on designing the experiment.
I'm just praying that paper 2 won't be so bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I had to BS my way through the one about magnesium and bromine just going on about the metallic bond 😩 I just barely had enough time to answer all the questions luckily. At least if we end up doing badly there's always resits!
Original post by Christie_xx
Same I had to BS my way through the one about magnesium and bromine just going on about the metallic bond 😩 I just barely had enough time to answer all the questions luckily. At least if we end up doing badly there's always resits!

Yep that's what I'm saying to myself as well. Thank god it doesn't count towards next year 😅😅😅
I'm definitely going to work a lot harder in year 13!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The maths part required alot of calculations and were not worth many marks?
I ran out of time, I literally was writing on my paper as they took it away
everyone who ive met/seen found this ridiculous, at least the grade boundaries are going to be low. question 9 was the worst!

Quick Reply

Latest