The Student Room Group

Edexcel Official Chemistry Paper1:Core Inorganic and Physical Chemistry - 27th of May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BadundeBrian
How did people find it? I remember i got 10 g/dm^3 for the concentration of the undissolved HNO3 but i think this was wrong

Same
Original post by jakesidhu
Same

I have a friend who got 158 gdm-3 but I got 10. Abit worried tbh.
Original post by middleagedpotato
I have a friend who got 158 gdm-3 but I got 10. Abit worried tbh.

Well we can only hope that because us three seem to have got 10 that maybe others did it wrong? What did you guys write for the observation of HCl + Na2CO3
what did you guys get for crystaliization moles in the multiple choices
Original post by Hamadtype-
what did you guys get for crystaliization moles in the multiple choices

Think you're on the wrong thread this is for the new spec not the legacy papers
Think you're on the wrong thread this is for the new spec not the legacy papers

Im talking about the IAL exam we did today
Reply 86
well I was very confused and thought the question was wrong as the concentration was at the top of the page so I found the concentration of the diluted acid, oops
Original post by Hamadtype-
Im talking about the IAL exam we did today

There's another thread for that paper at :http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4101117
This is a thread for the non international version
Original post by kemmad
well I was very confused and thought the question was wrong as the concentration was at the top of the page so I found the concentration of the diluted acid, oops

That was the required concentration of the nitric acid. The question asked you to calculate the actual concentration used and use this to justify whether it was appropriate i.e whether the actual concentraion was in fact 100g/dm3

Not to worry though, as long as you threw in some mol equations and calculations you are likely to get a few method marks regardless
I got 4 g dm-3 ! That's way off :P Did anyone get 81% for the percentage question???
Well we can only hope that because us three seem to have got 10 that maybe others did it wrong? What did you guys write for the observation of HCl + Na2CO3

I wrote effervescence of CO2 formed

The ionic equation: CO3 2- + 2H+ -> H2O + CO2
Original post by Florent venhari
I got 4 g dm-3 ! That's way off :P Did anyone get 81% for the percentage question???

Yeah i think i got about 80%
Original post by Florent venhari
I wrote effervescence of CO2 formed

The ionic equation: CO3 2- + 2H+ -> H2O + CO2

Nice!
Grade boundaries probably gna be super high
Reply 94
what did everyone get for the atomic mass of lithium, I thought it was a trick question and so couldn't decide which numbers to multiply
What bonding did we have to draw for aluminium ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by badundebrian
well we can only hope that because us three seem to have got 10 that maybe others did it wrong? What did you guys write for the observation of hcl + na2co3

lets hope brother t-t
Original post by Vyasbandicoots
Grade boundaries probably gna be super high

I doubt it because its the first year of the new spec and they generally tend to have lower grade boundaries when its the first year.
Why would there be a peak at 80 in mass spectrometry of Bromine? There are only two isotopes of bromine- 79 and 81 so why would there be peak at 80?
what did people get for the multiple choice where is asked what happens when ammonium gas and bromine react? i wrote it decolourises

Quick Reply

Latest