AQA A2 English Literature LITA3: Love Through the Ages, 11 June 2015

Scroll to see replies

94 but a overall thanks to coursework's lovely 75~
Original post by groovy_snorter
120! Don't ask

Same!
105! Not far off an A* absolutely made up
Reply 203
If anyone could reply straight away would be a massive help, what was the lita3 June 2015 exam on please?
Yep, I sat it.
Reply 205
Original post by BecauseImBatman
Yep, I sat it.

Do you remember the themes/exam please, any info would be a huge help:smile:?
Reply 206
If anyone is interested in quote banks for the WW1 or Love through the ages element, there are 2 great ones listed below:

WW1: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272089941148?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Love:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272089945657?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Why is this thread completely deserted when the exam is in less than a month's time haha
Because procrastination XD

Joking, I'd love to talk about English but there's no one to talk about it with haha.

On a side note, I think it's a bit of a scum-bag move to sell quotes. I mean, each to their own, but honestly I think it's a bit morally dubious. I've made my own quotes and given them out for free because I want to help. I understand loads of work goes into it and whatnot, but still, I think such things should be publicly available to everyone.
Original post by GetOverHere
Because procrastination XD

Joking, I'd love to talk about English but there's no one to talk about it with haha.

On a side note, I think it's a bit of a scum-bag move to sell quotes. I mean, each to their own, but honestly I think it's a bit morally dubious. I've made my own quotes and given them out for free because I want to help. I understand loads of work goes into it and whatnot, but still, I think such things should be publicly available to everyone.

Yeah! I give mine out all the time :lol:
Original post by Valyrian
Yeah! I give mine out all the time :lol:

Exactly! In addition, even though you've put them together and whatnot, you're using quotes from pieces of literature that you haven't wrote - how can you take credit for that? Also, a lot of those are still in copyright - that's why at least one text on each past paper isn't there. If the person in question is using quotes from a text still in copyright and selling them, that's illegal. So not only are you a scum=bag in the eyes of other people, you're breaking the law at the same time. God, some people, eh?
Aghh, I really want this exam to come sooner, just get it over with. Surprisingly i chose Eng Lit, even though im not a fan of it. Im hoping to get 60/80 in the exam to secure an A. Anyone else hate the love throughout the ages theme?
Original post by mahesh114
Aghh, I really want this exam to come sooner, just get it over with. Surprisingly i chose Eng Lit, even though im not a fan of it. Im hoping to get 60/80 in the exam to secure an A. Anyone else hate the love throughout the ages theme?

Nope, I love it. You have the freedom to read pretty much anything you want, which makes it really entertaining. With things like war, Victorian or Gothic, you're confined to a very particular period of time and style of writing which in itself makes your essays quite narrow. But with love, you can stretch it so far, to cover hate, jealousy, obsession, friendship, etc. You can relate pretty much anything you've ever read to an extract that they give you, so wider reading is plentiful. Not sure why you're not a fan haha. What would you rather have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, I love it. You have the freedom to read pretty much anything you want, which makes it really entertaining. With things like war, Victorian or Gothic, you're confined to a very particular period of time and style of writing which in itself makes your essays quite narrow. But with love, you can stretch it so far, to cover hate, jealousy, obsession, friendship, etc. You can relate pretty much anything you've ever read to an extract that they give you, so wider reading is plentiful. Not sure why you're not a fan haha. What would you rather have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

See I did First World War in AS, i absolutely loved it, mind you i did history GCSE and loved that. I have this tendancy, to hate english but do well in it. GCSE i swore i hated it id fail, got A*, AS i said it was a mistake to choose, got an A, but this year, maybe due to the fact that our teacher left half way through college year, its made me hate it more. I would've loved to do love throughout the ages last year then FWW this year, but hey xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Btw how are you planning to revise for the paper? im finishing my reading log today, then ill revise that and the timeline of periods, thats it really. I cant see what else to do
Original post by mahesh114
Btw how are you planning to revise for the paper? im finishing my reading log today, then ill revise that and the timeline of periods, thats it really. I cant see what else to do

Not intending to revise tbh. I've got this one in the bag :wink: I find English ridiculously easy, it's my other subjects that are letting me down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not intending to revise tbh. I've got this one in the bag :wink: I find English ridiculously easy, it's my other subjects that are letting me down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn, i mean if youve got it in the bag then sweet! I find it easy to analyse and compare, literally just need to revise WR and time periods. I have this thing where ill start a point and end up making 50+ subpoints within it, my main problem is i think of loads of possible links and comparison points, but jumble it up sometimes. I heard that the AS AQA Eng Lit paper 2 was a gift one, since our A2 paper is the last one i hope its the same xD
I find it so so so strange that there is no discussion on this exam!!! I really should start collecting my quotes but I'm not sure how to order them... I got 181 / 200 overall last year and need to push for an A/ A* (lol) so I'm going to start banking my quotes soon but I find with english I generally wing it (like you all have said) and cram quotes like the day before!!

BUT the purpose of me posting was if you guys had any ideas of what might come up topic wise?
Original post by emilyhaighjacobs
I find it so so so strange that there is no discussion on this exam!!! I really should start collecting my quotes but I'm not sure how to order them... I got 181 / 200 overall last year and need to push for an A/ A* (lol) so I'm going to start banking my quotes soon but I find with english I generally wing it (like you all have said) and cram quotes like the day before!!

BUT the purpose of me posting was if you guys had any ideas of what might come up topic wise?

It is very strange. I understand we are the last year for this specification, but im not sure why there is NO discussion. In terms of quotes, we dont really need to know many, just key quotes, context is 10% so only make 1 strong point in your intro. Im revising literary techniques and periods, and my WR log. Last year I got 160/200, 98% coursework and 70% exam roughly. This year i got 68/70 coursework, i need 55+ in the exam to get an A , id like an A* but im not huge on Eng Lit. I get what you mean, i got exams prior to english so ill lightly revise what ive said above, then day before remember key quotes on the set texts. I pray to god Jane Austen doesnt come up, i reckon Darwin might come up, maybe Chaucer, if shakespeare then we are gifted!
Chaucer will never come up, almost entirely guaranteed. The appendix would be longer than the extract itself. There is another Love Through The Ages topic, maybe that's why this one isn't so popular.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending