The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry unit 1 resit May 27th 2016

Scroll to see replies

how many marks for the mass question? I got it wrong because I forgot to change m3 to dm3
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anonymous16161
This is correct, how many marks was the question? I got it wrong because I forgot to change m3 to dm3

3 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you
Original post by Studious_Student
Wouldn't it be 1.065 Kg?

One million grams is eqv. to one thousand kilograms.
what did people get for empirical formula?
Original post by bethey180
image.gif

I hope this helps clarify anything :smile:
I wasn't sure of the answer either

I wrote Argon as well, but out of stupidity because I thought the last question was about sulfur the next one couldn't possibly be about sulfur too. There is a larger jump from 6 to 7 in sulfur in comparison to argon, that's why I don't think it could be Argon. I just hope writing argon doesn't make us lose all the marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 346
Original post by rbkbball
what did people get for empirical formula?

I ****ed up, coz i got 1.51 when i calculated copper, so i rounded it up to 2 instead of doubling
Original post by 97Y
I somehow doubt it.. That should have been addressed before you went in, not just when you get a question wrong

I know, I only realised after when I looked at the packet details. I thought my vision was a bit blurry because I was so nervous and slightly nauseous . But that was the only one I had on me
Original post by j5994
I ****ed up, coz i got 1.51 when i calculated copper, so i rounded it up to 2 instead of doubling

i think i messed up i think the number i got was 2,3,4,1
I got 2,2,8,3 is this right?
Reply 350
Original post by emsieMC

i think thats what i got, did u get 1.51 for copper and rounded up?
Original post by emsieMC

how much do i get for 1065 000 000
forgot to divide by 1000 for grams
Reply 352
Original post by Sniperdon227
how much do i get for 1065 000 000
forgot to divide by 1000 for grams

thats correct either way, its 1065 000 000 grams, and you divide by 1000 to get kg, all good
Original post by Engineerrookie
Is cracking conditions 700kpa or 7000kpa?

7000 kPa
Yeah that's it in grams, if you divided it, it would have been in kg
Original post by j5994
i think thats what i got, did u get 1.51 for copper and rounded up?

Yeah I got that then multiplied them all by 2
I got 1.51 for copper, then multiplied everything by 2
Original post by j5994
thats correct either way, its 1065 000 000 grams, and you divide by 1000 to get kg, all good

wait so 1065 000 000 g is correct
Original post by 78Saab
I wrote Argon as well, but out of stupidity because I thought the last question was about sulfur the next one couldn't possibly be about sulfur too. There is a larger jump from 6 to 7 in sulfur in comparison to argon, that's why I don't think it could be Argon. I just hope writing argon doesn't make us lose all the marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote argon too, we'll definitely lose all the marks. If you write the wrong thing the mark scheme says CE = 0 meaning you can't get any marks if you write the wron answer even if your explanation is justifiable
does anyone remember how many marks each of the questions were worth?

Quick Reply

Latest