The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11NSHERIN
But would it be similar to the June 2015 or go up?

This paper was, in my opinion, easier than the corresponding paper last year. Based on this, the Boundary will be higher than 125, but the calculator paper may be more difficult than last years, so it is all speculation. I am expecting a tough(er) Calculator Paper than the Non-Calculator paper. Remember - this is only an opinion and different people will have different ideas.

You should only have one aim and that is to get (or get as close as you can to) 100% in the next paper !!

Good luck
Original post by ahhaah
im retarded i thought that 0.8 * 0.05 was 0.400. because i added a 0 to make 0.80 as it was 80%. i dont get how the answer is 0.04

Half (0.5) of 0.8 = 0.4
0.05 of 0.8 = 0.04
Reply 2042
Do you have the marking scheme for foundation?
Original post by LogicalFallacy
This is the completed mark scheme for the 26/05/2016 mathematics non-calculator paper.

If there are any mistakes, please tell me.

Reps would be appreciated, but are not necessary.

Spoiler

This is the completed mark scheme for the 26/05/2016 mathematics non-calculator paper.

Spoiler

Original post by Husna. A
I've got a question for foundation paper

Spoiler

For the circle one I got 100-25pi and then simplified it to 4-pi (I did write 100-25pi in the answer box with it: how many marks will I get)

Also on the one with the fractions I did it wrote but didn't write it as a mixed number: how many marks will I get?
Also, on the last question I wrote1/4-root6/12 (how many marks will I get?
Thanks for making this by the way
For the circle one I got 100-25pi and then simplified it to 4-pi (I did write 100-25pi in the answer box with it: how many marks will I get)

Also on the one with the fractions I did it wrote but didn't write it as a mixed number: how many marks will I get?
Original post by 11NSHERIN
Thanks for the marksheme. Do you know the grade boundaries for June 2016? If you do know please can you send as quick as possible.

no one knows the grade boundaries until all the papers have been marked because the boundaries are adjusted according to how well people did, on both papers...we haven't even done one of the papers yet
Original post by Joemill5000

I did the same for the circle one! But everyone else seems to think 100-25Pi is right. Im confused as i thought it said simplify as low as possible which surely would be 4-Pi right ?
On this paper i think i got 76 ( i made alot of silly mistakes) so how much fo you think ill need on the next paper fir an A*
Original post by Mayfate
I did the same for the circle one! But everyone else seems to think 100-25Pi is right. Im confused as i thought it said simplify as low as possible which surely would be 4-Pi right ?

Think about BIDMAS

100 - 25 x 3.14 = 21.5

This is not the same as 4 - 3.14 !!
On this paper i think i got 76 ( i made alot of silly mistakes) so how much fo you think i'll need on the next paper for an A*
Original post by Mayfate

You'd need to have factored out 25, so it was 25(4-pi), otherwise you won't get the same answer.
Original post by Joemill5000

You probably get 2/3 for it. I think you might drop the last mark since you didn't put the answer in it's final form.

1/4-√6/12 == Big triangle - small triangle

Where as 3-√6/12 is the area of the shaded part.
Original post by 34908seikj
You'd need to have factored out 25, so it was 25(4-pi), otherwise you won't get the same answer.

On this paper i think i got 76 ( i made alot of silly mistakes) so how much fo you think i'll need on the next paper for an A*
Original post by DrPeter
Think about BIDMAS

100 - 25 x 3.14 = 21.5

This is not the same as 4 - 3.14 !!

How did u get question 13?
Original post by NeedsHelpalot

I don't know, I personally found this exam pretty easy and think there's going to be a high grade boundary (depending on the calc), but lots of others are saying it was pretty hard.

Rough estimate would be around 165+ for an A*, might be lower though take it with a huge grain of salt. - It will probably be lower than this.

So I'd say 87+ on calc to be safe.
Original post by tomventers
How did u get question 13?

30% of 800 is 240

20% of 240 + 240 = 288

288/800 = 36%
30% of 800 is 240

20% of 240 + 240 = 288

288/800 = 36%

or 30 x1.2=36
I don't know, I personally found this exam pretty easy and think there's going to be a high grade boundary (depending on the calc), but lots of others are saying it was pretty hard.

Rough estimate would be around 165+ for an A*, might be lower though take it with a huge grain of salt. - It will probably be lower than this.

So I'd say 87+ on calc to be safe.

Thanks im pretty bummed as the pressure of the exam mad me make silly mistakes e.g. rotating clockwise or not finding the area of the complex shape properly.
Anyways do you have any idea on what i migt need to prepare for in the next exam
Original post by NeedsHelpalot
Thanks im pretty bummed as the pressure of the exam mad me make silly mistakes e.g. rotating clockwise or not finding the area of the complex shape properly.
Anyways do you have any idea on what i migt need to prepare for in the next exam

There's lots of recourses out there, but if you're aiming for A* you should really know everything by now that could come up in the exam, imo. It just sounds like you need to just go through the paper slower, re-read over the questions etc..

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/grade2.html

http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/gcsetakeaway.htm

http://www.m4ths.com/gcse-videos-higherfoundation.html

http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-revision/syllabuses/GCSE/period-1/Higher/module.php

Probably best just doing past papers now though.

Quick Reply

Latest