The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Well I totally ****ed up that exam
The question with the P and Q was really weird..didnt know whether the moles in P would end up being a half the original number or not?

It was an okay exam i thought, a lot less mathsy then the specimen papers, but this means that grade boundaries might be higher than the original I had in mocks which was 65% for an A :/ Also felt like there was room to make a lot of stupid mistakes, hopefully error carried forward will be generous.
Anyone have any idea about the grade boundaries?? Found it really hard, but it wasn't a disaster.
Hopefully I'll ace the next one!! (I say this to make myself feel better)
For the titrations question about reducing errors I said "read from the bottom of the meniscus" but that's wrong, right??
I'm not going to think about grade boundaries atm, still got the second half to go! Plus a lot of Unis won't be looking at AS grades anyway for linear subjects - though this only applies if you're taking chem next year.
Original post by metrize
I got ch3 for some reason

I got c3h8
Original post by DaVinciGirl
How was the exam overall? Did you guys find it really hard or okay? Do you think the grade boundaries will be lower than 80%

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was so difficult😫
I mean what was this paper? What exactly were Aqa thinking?
80 marks in 1hr30 is stretched a bit...
Guys don't panic, everyone in my college found it hard. I knew the content fully but did not help in the exam much.
It didn't actually ask for which was more polar- it asked for the greatest difference in electronegativity. This is BF3
Original post by Izzy6785
It didn't actually ask for which was more polar- it asked for the greatest difference in electronegativity. This is BF3

Hi there

anyone got the paper
Reply 411
Original post by Izzy6785

No it didn't.
This paper was ****** stupid
Wanted to walk out 20 minutes through
Didnt have a clue on titrations or the redox part. These aqa ***** have a fetish for titrations.
Completely blagged the 6 markers
No Kc, Enthalpy, Hess Law,Calorimetry, Empirical Formula, Definitions, Le Cheteilers Principle, or any of the simple ion tests. WTF dude
The dumass tap question.
Guessed all of the multiple choice
They decide to throw physics into the mix
Hitler should really be pissed of today...
Anyone made a video?
Why is everyone saying the grade boundaries will definetely be at the lowest 80% for an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 415
Original post by moshe015
Why is everyone saying the grade boundaries will definetely be at the lowest 80% for an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you seen the last 5-7 years grade boundaries, it never falls below 80%
Reply 416
Original post by SANTR

What is the highest it has been?
Reply 417
Original post by haes
What is the highest it has been?

81%
Original post by SANTR

It's a new spec though?
Reply 419
Original post by ellasanders
It's a new spec though?

There were a lot of new spec's last year for GCSEs, grade boundaries hardly changed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending