The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 5 (WBI05) Scientific Article Discussion - June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aimen.
Heyy do you mind showing me your timetable? pm?

Heyy, it's not actually fixed or I would surely send it, some of it is on my phone and the other half is written on a calendar and I basically change it everyday but it involves revision of unit 4 and 5 biology and unit 4 chemistry since I have forgot them them the most and solving a bit of past papers and then the next week I don't know but I am going to focus of the scientific article and solve past papers, what about you, if you don't mind telling me about your schedule ?
Reply 381
Original post by PlayerBB
Heyy, it's not actually fixed or I would surely send it, some of it is on my phone and the other half is written on a calendar and I basically change it everyday but it involves revision of unit 4 and 5 biology and unit 4 chemistry since I have forgot them them the most and solving a bit of past papers and then the next week I don't know but I am going to focus of the scientific article and solve past papers, what about you, if you don't mind telling me about your schedule ?

Err my schedule has everyday pre-planned with bio 4, bio 5, chem 4,chem 5 and phy 5. I do past papers and revision of every subject everyday! Its really long and it's pretty late rn so i'll email you tomorrow! x)
Original post by Aimen.
Err my schedule has everyday pre-planned with bio 4, bio 5, chem 4,chem 5 and phy 5. I do past papers and revision of every subject everyday! Its really long and it's pretty late rn so i'll email you tomorrow! x)

Wow, that seems like a good one, look forward to it. I will try to organize my schedule by tomorrow and send it to you! x
Reply 383
Wow, that seems like a good one, look forward to it. I will try to organize my schedule by tomorrow and send it to you! x

I just sent you; although half of it remains pending on the next day everyday xD
Original post by Aimen.
I just sent you; although half of it remains pending on the next day everyday xD

Hey, yeah I just received it, I will be sending you mine by tomorrow, I have almost finished doing it!
Original post by Aimen.

Hey, I have just sent it! And I liked yours, very orgainzed, you'll find mine, a bit like everything all over each other, but that's because I have so much and I have been slacking these few days and I need to pull it off
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 386
Hey, I have just sent it! And I liked yours, very orgainzed, you'll find mine, a bit like everything all over each other, but that's because I have so much and I have been slacking these few days and I need to pull it off

Ohh yea it was a bit messed up but that doesn't matter 'cuz edexcel won't give us extra UMS just 'cos the timetable was neat! xD
Time seems to be too short and reading article and then solving paper takes a whole day!:boring::cry2:
Original post by Aimen.
Ohh yea it was a bit messed up but that doesn't matter 'cuz edexcel won't give us extra UMS just 'cos the timetable was neat! xD
Time seems to be too short and reading article and then solving paper takes a whole day!:boring::cry2:

Yeah exactly, I don't have time to make it neat!!

And yeah, I feel like I am racing with time, like there is so much to do and everyone else thinks I have a whole lot time to prepare!! :cry2::cry2:

I don't read the article, like just when the question relates me to a paragraph, I just read it and solve the question, other than that, I find it a waste of time but do what makes you feel more confident!!
Reply 388
Yeah exactly, I don't have time to make it neat!!

And yeah, I feel like I am racing with time, like there is so much to do and everyone else thinks I have a whole lot time to prepare!! :cry2::cry2:

I don't read the article, like just when the question relates me to a paragraph, I just read it and solve the question, other than that, I find it a waste of time but do what makes you feel more confident!!

Ikr everyone around feels I can rest around and still have plenty of time but it isn't so!
And I really wanna try NOT READING THE ARTICLE but some questions are really troublesome where you need to use info. from the whole article! :/
Original post by Aimen.
Ikr everyone around feels I can rest around and still have plenty of time but it isn't so!
And I really wanna try NOT READING THE ARTICLE but some questions are really troublesome where you need to use info. from the whole article! :/

Yeah SAME HERE which is annoying!

Ahh, yeah you have a point!! :/
Yeahh I made a timetable as well but I never follow it so it's just to know how much work I still have!

Yeah that's what sucks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey guys-- are you guys revising everything from AS or just some parts? I'm really scared about revising AS :/
Original post by TheMadHatteress
Hey guys-- are you guys revising everything from AS or just some parts? I'm really scared about revising AS :/

Hey, I am just revising things that are related to A2 and that come often in U4 and U5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I'm self-studying the A2 biology thing and I'd just like to know what you actually have to do with the scientific article.. Do you actually bring it into the exam hall with you and use it as an insert? Or do you have to memorise the whole thing and get asked random questions on it and you're expected to know the answers?
Reply 393
Original post by chiarac123
Hey guys, I'm self-studying the A2 biology thing and I'd just like to know what you actually have to do with the scientific article.. Do you actually bring it into the exam hall with you and use it as an insert? Or do you have to memorise the whole thing and get asked random questions on it and you're expected to know the answers?

You don't bring it to exam but they give you a new copy over there so you don't really memorize the article!
Reply 394
Could some please help me with these? PRETTY PLEASE :colondollar: (from bio 5- jan 2011)
How does MDMA effect levels of serotinin in the brain?
AND
Describe how enough ATP is made available for contraction of fast twitch muscle fibres, despite there being only a few mitochondria?

I read the mark scheme answers but they don't satisfy me/ I don't understand 'em
Original post by Aimen.
You don't bring it to exam but they give you a new copy over there so you don't really memorize the article!

Oh thank you so much!! Been wondering about this for ages hahahah. Do you think we'll have to just look through the article to get the answers.. kinda like a comprehension typa thing or is there more to it? :P
Reply 396
Original post by chiarac123
Oh thank you so much!! Been wondering about this for ages hahahah. Do you think we'll have to just look through the article to get the answers.. kinda like a comprehension typa thing or is there more to it? :P

It's much more (comprehension is only like 1-2 questions only out of 8-9)
so, you need to relate answers to all units of A'levels and doing past paper article questions would also help. for eg. I've seem them ask atherosclerosis alot and it's in the article so it may come up!
Hey guys, I am struggling with Bio U5. I am doing the past papers but I keep making mistakes. I really need help. Any advice for me?
Reply 398
Original post by munzariiiin
Hey guys, I am struggling with Bio U5. I am doing the past papers but I keep making mistakes. I really need help. Any advice for me?

Different things work for different people!
My strategy is to do atleast one chapter each day (like 5.1 the first day)
so you complete it in 8 days only
Read your book, revision guide and notes for each chapter and write specifics on a page and keep checking what you study from specification!
And do atleast one paper each day and check them yourself (instead of a tutor),
keep revising your mistakes in past papers cuz questions repeat!
Thats it x)
Original post by Aimen.
Different things work for different people!
My strategy is to do atleast one chapter each day (like 5.1 the first day)
so you complete it in 8 days only
Read your book, revision guide and notes for each chapter and write specifics on a page and keep checking what you study from specification!
And do atleast one paper each day and check them yourself (instead of a tutor),
keep revising your mistakes in past papers cuz questions repeat!
Thats it x)

Thank you so much 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending