The Student Room Group

National 5 Computing Science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lewis H01
What did you put for the novice question and the the other question in section A where it said why is it good for program to have a good code or something like that?

For the novice one I was really confused, So I just stuck something random down like "Advanced" lol.

For the good code one, I wrote to make sure the code is readable and so people can understand the code better.
What did people write for the "Why shouldn't databases be stored in ROM"
I put Experienced User for the novice question, and copied the answer to the readability question from the back of the paper :biggrin: They had the answer in one of the last questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the question that asked what is the purpose of registers in processors. I wrote it temporarily stored data is that correct ?
I think it because Databases need to be updated and ROM cannot be altered. What I want to know is how you got a database in the ROM in the first place...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ethan100
For the question that asked what is the purpose of registers in processors. I wrote it temporarily stored data is that correct ?

Me too mate.

What did you put for the "Why shouldn't databases be stored in ROM" question?
Reply 266
Original post by Ethan100
For the questions about grooming the dog, what type of error did you put ?
What does register is a processor do ? I wrote keeps data temporarily, is that right?

What is a firewall ?

Yeah I wrote that too for registers and i said it requires ram memory..
Original post by pandasaurus rex
I think it because Databases need to be updated and ROM cannot be altered. What I want to know is how you got a database in the ROM in the first place...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep that's what I wrote (sort of) I wrote they can't be edited.
Original post by A+Hunter
Me too mate.

What did you put for the "Why shouldn't databases be stored in ROM" question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that question wrong. My friend who is basically the smartest in our year also got the same answer so there you go :P
For the novice one I was really confused, So I just stuck something random down like "Advanced" lol.

For the good code one, I wrote to make sure the code is readable and so people can understand the code better.

I put advanced too, first thing that came to mind
Yep that's what I wrote (sort of) I wrote they can't be edited.

Yeah that's correct you would get the mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I got too, I'm glad I'm actually getting mostly the same as everyone else was convinced I had it all wrong
Reply 272
I wrote for it that Rom memory can't be removed and you can only read it..

For the selection question in section a I wrote it gives a variety of options and they can't choose a wrong answer
Haha I totally forgot what URL stood for though :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uniform Resource Locator? :biggrin:
Original post by Lewis H01
I wrote for it that Rom memory can't be removed and you can only read it..

For the selection question in section a I wrote it gives a variety of options and they can't choose a wrong answer

I wrote, reduces the chance of human error, So yeah basically what you wrote (in bold)
Reply 276

Posted from TSR Mobile

LoL, uniform resource locator :biggrin:
Yeah, I remembered when I left :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alx2000
I put advanced too, first thing that came to mind

Nice to see someone else did as well :smile:
Universal, I remembered when I left :biggrin: