The Student Room Group

OCR MEI M3 May 2016 - Post Exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oswim
As in 6mg? Because that's what I got for the last question! I got k = 2/3 and agree with strangebannanas answers for everything else. I thought it was a really nice exam overall - lots of show thats. Hopefully I got the 90 ums i need

I think I got 6mg too! How did you answer the question?
Original post by mohdstudent
Can anyone remember what the very last part of the last question asked for exactly?

Because i didnt get what you guys got. All i did was find tension when P is attached then I found the tension P+Q are attached and found the difference and i got a positive number. Will I get any marks for this??

Also I am getting both M3 and M2 full papers tomorrow so if anyone is interested in having a copy let me know.

I'm interested!
Reply 62
Can anyone remember what the very last part of the last question asked for exactly?

Because i didnt get what you guys got. All i did was find tension when P is attached then I found the tension P+Q are attached and found the difference and i got a positive number. Will I get any marks for this??

Also I am getting both M3 and M2 full papers tomorrow so if anyone is interested in having a copy let me know.

Yes please!
Original post by ¡Muy bien!
I'm interested!

Ok Ill send it tomorrow. Do you know if i will be getting any marks for the last question???

it was the instantaneous change in tension, so yeah - find it for the instants before and after the collision and subtract

I think I got 6mg too! How did you answer the question?

Original post by cbricknell
Guys, the answer to the last question was actually 6.
I asked my teacher and shes got a Doctorate and she said no one in the class she knows of got it right.

it is 6mg, my bad

:< I put a 5 inside a square root when I shouldn't have

EDIT:
actually it isn't 6mg lol, I think you put a 5 inside a square root when you shouldn't have :P the answer is definitely -8mg/3
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by StrangeBanana
it was the instantaneous change in tension, so yeah - find it for the instants before and after the collision and subtract

it is 6mg, my bad

:< I put a 5 inside a square root when I shouldn't have

EDIT:
actually it isn't 6mg lol, I think you put a 5 inside a square root when you shouldn't have :P the answer is definitely -8mg/3

How is the change negative? shouldnt tension be greater when the mass is greater so change should be +? I mean just thinking about intuitively..Anyway do you think Ill get any marks if i wrote 6mg and showed all my working? And I am getting the paper tomorrow so we can check.
How is the change negative? shouldnt tension be greater when the mass is greater so change should be +? I mean just thinking about intuitively..Anyway do you think Ill get any marks if i wrote 6mg and showed all my working? And I am getting the paper tomorrow so we can check.

well it could be positive, but in this case the decrease in speed is enough to make it negative; in the expression for tension speed is squared, anyway, so it's going to have a larger effect than the mass
Reply 67
Original post by Jbird1
Yes please!

How are you getting the papers??
Original post by Jbird1
How are you getting the papers??

From my teacher, he is giving me a copy of M2 and 3.
Reply 69

Do you have them yet?
Reply 70
Can someone explain to me how to do the calculating speed question in SHM. what was the value they gave us?
Reply 71

could you please inbox me the m3 paper. would be much appreciated.

Original post by Jbird1
Do you have them yet?

please can I have one?
so was the question asking uss to show that k=2 wrong?
I just cannot believe it I ****ed up something I prepared so much for, now I have to wait till October and the result won't even appear on my ucas application, what the **** is wrong with the world
Original post by chemari1
so was the question asking uss to show that k=2 wrong?

there was a question that said show k = 2 yeah, but there was a different k which was 2/3
there was a question that said show k = 2 yeah, but there was a different k which was 2/3

thanks, do you know of any other similar exams I can take between now and October?
Original post by chemari1
thanks, do you know of any other similar exams I can take between now and October?

what do you mean?
what do you mean?
if you know of any exam with the same value of the qualification of M3 I can take between now and October 2016?

Quick Reply

Latest