The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
I really hope that they're very kind on giving marks in that 6 mark question. What was the most common answer for the percentage mass of MgCl2? Do you think they'll give me 2/4 marks for calculating the moles of BaSO4 and stating it was BaSO4?? My final answer was 29.5% but i don't think anyone got that so :/
Original post by haes
I really hope that they're very kind on giving marks in that 6 mark question. What was the most common answer for the percentage mass of MgCl2? Do you think they'll give me 2/4 marks for calculating the moles of BaSO4 and stating it was BaSO4?? My final answer was 29.5% but i don't think anyone got that so :/

29.5% is what I got aswell
If 20/80 is an A ill be lucky to get a C
Original post by gcsekid
This paper was ****** stupid
Wanted to walk out 20 minutes through
Didnt have a clue on titrations or the redox part. These aqa ***** have a fetish for titrations.
Completely blagged the 6 markers
No Kc, Enthalpy, Hess Law,Calorimetry, Empirical Formula, Definitions, Le Cheteilers Principle, or any of the simple ion tests. WTF dude
The dumass tap question.
Guessed all of the multiple choice
They decide to throw physics into the mix
Hitler should really be pissed of today...
Anyone made a video?

I totally agree with you, I wasted all my time revising stuff that didn't even appear as a one marker in the exam.
Original post by Nechromatic
29.5% is what I got aswell

Original post by haes

me to , I got that aswell

did yous deduce that it was barium suphat eand use mr of this and mass to get moels and use a 1 to 1 ratio and time is by mr of mg cl2, and the number you got divide it by the mass of the original powder ??
Reply 425
Original post by Science_help
me to , I got that aswell

did yous deduce that it was barium suphat eand use mr of this and mass to get moels and use a 1 to 1 ratio and time is by mr of mg cl2, and the number you got divide it by the mass of the original powder ??

yes i did! okay i'm a bit more hopeful now...
Original post by SANTR
Have you seen the last 5-7 years grade boundaries, it never falls below 80%

and have you seen the papers in last 5-7 years, piss easy, piss easy. If actual difficulty of exam is what decides the papers, then if previous papers were 80%, this one should be around 60%, when in comparsion to previous spec,
But aqa are going to be c**** and probably only redcue it to about 75%
Did anyone else find that paper really difficult? I was most confident on chemistry but not anymore was left really upset after that exam :frown:
the number of moles i calculated for HCL used in that titration was probably more similar to the number of marks I gained in that paper than the actual answer ... 9.38 * 10 ^ -4
Original post by cc262626
Percentage yield was 49.3%

Thank god. That's exactly what I got.
Original post by PurpleJag
Did anyone do the CHEM 1 resit?

Ya! How did you find it?

I was wtf for the mass spec question. I put for the similarity the number of peaks and for the difference I put height of the peaks. I know that's completely wrong. For the percentage yield I put 49.3% I think. And then the last question which method would give the highest atom economy, I guessed and put the first method. But I just guessed. For the cracking of an alkane to produce one molecule of octane and ethene and a compound X what did you get as the molecular formula of the alkane I just put c12h26 no clue tho.
Original post by queenleelee
Did anyone else find that paper really difficult? I was most confident on chemistry but not anymore was left really upset after that exam :frown:

YES
I considered chemistry as my best subject but honestly, after that exam I don't know what to think :/
I hope the grade boundaries are low, and paper 2 is easier so I can bring my grade up :frown:
Original post by WhatIsSleep
YES
I considered chemistry as my best subject but honestly, after that exam I don't know what to think :/
I hope the grade boundaries are low, and paper 2 is easier so I can bring my grade up :frown:

It was honestly so horrible! I think I ruined all chances of getting an A, going to revise like crazy for paper 2. :frown:
What did everyone get for the Mr of the MHCO3 compound? I got 164! Plus may someone please explain the reaction between sodium chlorate and potassium idodide! Really had no clue
It was honestly so horrible! I think I ruined all chances of getting an A, going to revise like crazy for paper 2. :frown:

Same here ): but I need an A in chem since I'm thinking of going into chemical engineering ahh
I'm feeling 60-70%ish, looking at the unofficial mark schemes
Hopefully I can bring up my mark
Mechanisms here I come >:smile:
Hey, I tried making an unofficial mark scheme. If you check it out please do leave any corrections.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4125207
Original post by WhatIsSleep
Same here ): but I need an A in chem since I'm thinking of going into chemical engineering ahh
I'm feeling 60-70%ish, looking at the unofficial mark schemes
Hopefully I can bring up my mark
Mechanisms here I come >:smile:

Same I'm going into dentistry (hopefully) and chemistry is what I need most!
Did anyone else completely run out of time? I had about 5 minutes to do all the multiple choice.....
Same I'm going into dentistry (hopefully) and chemistry is what I need most!

Same I want to go into dentistry too, hopefully I do well on the next paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys it was a hard exam, and I'm saying this because a lot of you are worried. Don't be, all we can do is revise for the next one now. I know it's hard to get your mind off it but i know everyone and including me have worked our socks off, we can't turn the clock back, we wish we could but we can't. What I'm saying is that it's half term now, so guys just take 2/3hrs rest, every single one of us deserves a bit of rest :smile: These exams are turning us into robotic like things :s It's always better to keeping walking forward than walking back all the way and realising, nothing is left...

Predictions A: 55-58/80, B: 48/80, C: 39/80
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending