The Student Room Group

British Council Teaching Assistants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

I emailed BC to find out whether we would all find out by 30th May, this was the reply...

"The allocation of posts will be given out gradually and on a country by country basis. As the applications for Spain were extended by a month it is unlikely the placements will be given before 30th June."

Sob! Another month of waiting for us Spain applicants!
Reply 81
Original post by coupecake
I emailed BC to find out whether we would all find out by 30th May, this was the reply...

"The allocation of posts will be given out gradually and on a country by country basis. As the applications for Spain were extended by a month it is unlikely the placements will be given before 30th June."

omg! Haha all this suspense for nothing! Oh well, we will know eventually :smile:
Original post by coupecake

I'm now really worried about the price of flights!:/
Reply 83
Original post by catrionachica
I'm now really worried about the price of flights!:/

same. Im hoping to go out a month before class starts too just to make sure my Spanish is up to scratch!
Original post by CGSW
same. Im hoping to go out a month before class starts too just to make sure my Spanish is up to scratch!

Out of curiosity, how is your Spanish? I'm not sure about mine and am kind of hoping I can get through the job without having to speak Spanish. Although this will be a different matter when I'm actually trying to survive in Spain
Anyone else applied to France? What regions have people chosen?
Reply 86
Original post by BigMoz93
Out of curiosity, how is your Spanish? I'm not sure about mine and am kind of hoping I can get through the job without having to speak Spanish. Although this will be a different matter when I'm actually trying to survive in Spain

Used to be quite good, I would say really good! But that was 3 years ago... But I'm hoping it will come back to me with practice
Reply 87
Original post by Parisjetaime

I applied to France. My choices are Bordeaux, Rennes and Amiens. I just want to know soon!
Reply 88

I have chosen Aix-Marseille, Nantes and Reims! Hope we hear soon!

I chose Outre-Mer, Lille and Besançon. Guessing from your username you went for Paris?
Reply 90
This is a reply from an email I sent to the British Council regarding the region allocation day for those going to France.

"As mentioned in your shortlisting email, candidates will find out if they have a place and where they have been sent by 30th June, however for France candidates this should be sent on 31st May."

I hope this will reassure everyone that is going to France! :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by DomWJ
This is a reply from an email I sent to the British Council regarding the region allocation day for those going to France.

"As mentioned in your shortlisting email, candidates will find out if they have a place and where they have been sent by 30th June, however for France candidates this should be sent on 31st May."

Thanks for this! One week to go then :smile:
Original post by 500DaysOfSummer
I chose Outre-Mer, Lille and Besançon. Guessing from your username you went for Paris?

Interesting. I was tempted to put Outre-Mer down, too. But decided I'd rather travel around France more while I'm there.

Yes, that's right. I chose Paris, Versailles and Rouen.
Original post by DomWJ

Thanks so much for sharing :smile: roll on Tuesday!
Reply 94
Has anyone else received their allocation? I've been assigned to Reims if anyones also been :smile:
Just received mine too for the académie of Toulouse! :smile:
Original post by JeremyR
Has anyone else received their allocation? I've been assigned to Reims if anyones also been :smile:

Yes, I've been assigned to Paris! So happy :smile:
Reply 97
I just got allocated Lyon, which is such a relief as I moved here 3 weeks ago :colondollar:
Reply 98
I've been allocated Bordeaux! :smile:
I've been allocated Outre-Mer, anyone get that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending