The Student Room Group

Can you get a C grade without using any quotes for English Literature?

Hi. Did anyone do the IGCSE AQA foundation Eng Lit paper 2 today? Can't believe I didn't use any quotes. Does anyone know if that means I've lost any chance of getting a C grade now? I used quotes in my other paper on Monday.
i'm pretty sure u will get marks if u still talked about structure and readers effect....

Original post by Moggerhammer
Hi. Did anyone do the IGCSE AQA foundation Eng Lit paper 2 today? Can't believe I didn't use any quotes. Does anyone know if that means I've lost any chance of getting a C grade now? I used quotes in my other paper on Monday.
Lol you can actually get an A* with no quotes (obviously not on foundation but you'll still be able to get Max points depending on your answer)....I just made quotes up LMAO
Reply 3
Original post by bethanyjx
Lol you can actually get an A* with no quotes (obviously not on foundation but you'll still be able to get Max points depending on your answer)....I just made quotes up LMAO

That's not right my teacher said you really are limiting your marks if you don't use quotes down to something like a C or maybe if you're lucky a B (quite hard) but no way A*/A. I don't know about the foundation papers but I guess you would need some quotes or it will be quite hard to get a C.
Reply 4
Original post by Tinka99
That's not right my teacher said you really are limiting your marks if you don't use quotes down to something like a C or maybe if you're lucky a B (quite hard) but no way A*/A. I don't know about the foundation papers but I guess you would need some quotes or it will be quite hard to get a C.

Yeah, thanks... I thought it might be a no to. c grade and guess It is. However, this paper was 40% of total marks and I used quotes for my other paoer worth60%, so hoping I did well on that one to make up for it. 🙏
Reply 5
no you can just describe what happens
Reply 6
Original post by Evess
no you can just describe what happens

Really? So maybe I have a chance! Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by Moggerhammer
Yeah, thanks... I thought it might be a no to. c grade and guess It is. However, this paper was 40% of total marks and I used quotes for my other paoer worth60%, so hoping I did well on that one to make up for it. 🙏

My teacher was referring to a C in the higher paper without quotes I am not quite sure about the foundation. I guess you still have a good chance of a C getting a C as the paper was only worth 40% and I guess you maybe could get a C on the foundation without quotations like the higher. The exam has been taken and you can't change what you wrote and got so there's no point in worrying about it that will just stress you more.
Reply 8
You can get A* without quotes ... check examples online.
Reply 9
Thanks everyone
Surely though, quotes are a pivotal part of the understanding of the texts, as they support your points (serving as evidence etc.)?! As you're a foundation candidate, you can't afford to give marks aware as carefree as a Higher candidate, so maybe you're not going to get a C.
Original post by Tinka99

My teacher is an exam marker ....
I suppose it depends on the exam board. Hoping AQA won't be too harsh with me!
My teacher is an exam marker ....

My teacher is an exam marker as well and has more than 20 years experience in all this so I doubt a person with so much experience and knowledge won't know the facts properly.
Reply 14

what did u achieve

Quick Reply

Latest