The Student Room Group

Enrollment

When does one enroll at university? Like, are you automatically enrolled when you meet the requirements or is it done after? Thank you (I know dumb question, just wandering :redface:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alice M.
When does one enroll at university? Like, are you automatically enrolled when you meet the requirements or is it done after? Thank you (I know dumb question, just wandering :redface:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's normally something you do just before you start, some unis do it online and some have you enrol in person.
Reply 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will first have your place confirmed by your uni when they receive your results. Some time after that, you might be required to register online and confirm that you still plan to attend.

Enrolment is when you physically turn up at the uni to start your course - the uni will tell you how to do that nearer the start of the academic year. It usually happens during Freshers or Induction Week. At my uni, we had to take our certificates or official exam transcripts to an office, where a member of staff checked them and signed a sheet to say they had done so. We then had our photo taken and were issued with our Student ID cards (crucial for things like concessionary bus fares, access to photocopiers etc) and course timetables.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
It's normally something you do just before you start, some unis do it online and some have you enrol in person.

Original post by Klix88
You will first have your place confirmed by your uni when they receive your results. Some time after that, you might be required to register online and confirm that you still plan to attend.

Enrolment is when you physically turn up at the uni to start your course - the uni will tell you how to do that nearer the start of the academic year. It usually happens during Freshers or Induction Week. At my uni, we had to take our certificates or official exam transcripts to an office, where a member of staff checked them and signed a sheet to say they had done so. We then had our photo taken and were issued with our Student ID cards (crucial for things like concessionary bus fares, access to photocopiers etc) and course timetables.

Thank you guys! Also, are tuition fees to be paid after enrollment? (Eu student here so really I'm pretty ignorant)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thank you guys! Also, are tuition fees to be paid after enrollment? (Eu student here so really I'm pretty ignorant)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends.

Enrollment triggers the tuition fee process if you're taking the Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance. The uni will inform SF, who will then pay the uni the first fee instalment. If you're paying the fees yourself, you will generally be required to pay your first instalment at or before enrolment.
Reply 5
Original post by Klix88
It depends.

Enrollment triggers the tuition fee process if you're taking the Tuition Fee Loan from Student Finance. The uni will inform SF, who will then pay the uni the first fee instalment. If you're paying the fees yourself, you will generally be required to pay your first instalment at or before enrolment.

I see, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending