The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

I've got 35 mateeeeeee
Original post by 34908seikj
Question 13. Worst case scenario I got 92/100. I. HAD. NO. CLUE. What to do for that question, I must have just had a massive brain fart. Still kicking myself over it.

Which question was that? :smile:
Original post by Debruyne
Which question was that? :smile:

The one where Ali's rent rises by 20% and you have to calculate the percentage Ali will spend on rent the next month.

It's a really easy question, just no idea why I flopped on it. Feels bad man
I had all the working out to gain marks, however it was all over the question page. Would that cost me marks?
Thanks
Original post by 34908seikj
The one where Ali's rent rises by 20% and you have to calculate the percentage Ali will spend on rent the next month.

It's a really easy question, just no idea why I flopped on it. Feels bad man

no worries that was only 3 marks :smile:,
good luck!
[QUOTE="Lakshii;65190873"]how many marks was the last question ?[/QUOTE
Triangle surds question??
3 marks
[QUOTE="Me!;65246321" It's="It's"]
Original post by Lakshii
how many marks was the last question ?[/QUOTE
Triangle surds question??
3 marks

yes marks
[QUOTE="Debruyne;65246465"]
Original post by It's Me!

yes marks

Reply 2108
Anyone know round about how many marks I will need in the next paper for an A* after getting 74?
Original post by Aol1
Anyone know round about how many marks I will need in the next paper for an A* after getting 74?

it will probally be around 167 for an a star so around 93 marks
**** was the rotation anti clockwise?!?! I did clockwise!!!! Crap and the 100-25pi question, got it right then changed my bloody answer.,,
Got 89/90 marks, slightly less than usual, but does anyone have an idea of how many marks I'll need on the calculator to average out an A* (calculator paper is my worse)
I somehow forgot the formula for the area of a circle and did the whole circle in a square question using 2piR instead of piR^2 :banghead:
Is there and foundation mark scheme?
What would 70/100 be?
For the circle theorem question I assumed the angle given was the alternate angle to the triangle and used that for calculating the other angles and gave correct reasons e.g base angles in isosceles are equal, angles in a triangle, tangents hit radii 90 degrees etc. How many marks would I get? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PolarisVega
What would 70/100 be?

Pushing an A, high B.
Reply 2117
Original post by PolarisVega
What would 70/100 be?

Definitely an A
Guys can someone please clarify whether I will lose marks if my method was all over the page, but had everything I needed to have?
Thanks
How many marks would you need to get for a safe C grade?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending