The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry New AS Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marc_ken
I think it should be

It should be low, even though i didnt find it difficult but more than half of our class messed it up, i dont know how but i have to agree with them the style of question was bit different compare to old chemistry exams
Original post by WhatIsSleep
I thought it'd be grey/black solid since iodine isn't a liquid at room temp (in fact it doesn't really exist as a liquid)?? idk though

I wasn't completely sure either. But I thought the potassium iodide is in solution other wise the reaction won't work. Like we can't just get two solids and have them react together without them being in solution. So then I used my knowledge that iodine in solution is brown. Not sure though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SM-
You covert the Mr to kg from g then divide by avagrados constant so mass of one particle found, then you just sub into equation

Yeah, I did all the that but its the just the velocity idk why
Original post by sajanet
how many marks was this question with the barium sulphate?

It was 5 marks I believe. 1 marks for the precipitate and 4 marks for the calculation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaVinciGirl
It was 5 marks I believe. 1 marks for the precipitate and 4 marks for the calculation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fairly sure it was 4 marks, but what was the calculation?
Original post by rosemondtan
That's unlikely! Don't forget to count in method marks :smile:

Sorry do you mean that I should be more generous in how much I thing I lost on marks? What I usually do is over exaggerate how many marks I got wrong so I won't be too disappointed in exam results day. If I get more than I expect to get then it's good for me :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
Fairly sure it was 4 marks, but what was the calculation?

I'm not that sure. Maybe someone else can reassure what mark it was. The calculation was about what's the percentage of magnesium chloride in the mixture of powders I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry do you mean that I should be more generous in how much I thing I lost on marks? What I usually do is over exaggerate how many marks I got wrong so I won't be too disappointed in exam results day. If I get more than I expect to get then it's good for me :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops yup haha sorry it came out a little wrong!! I got around that too, lost around 10+ (Not counting method marks :frown:) seems like you did fine on most questions though, so don't worry! Most annoying thing is when you know how to do the question and your method is correct, but you plug in a wrong number somewhere :s-smilie: sigh smh
Original post by saahil0987
Yeah, I did all the that but its the just the velocity idk why

You should have multiplied the energy by 2 then divide by the mass. Then you square root it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dragonblazer11
also, what percentage did u guys get for the question with magnesium and barium chloride

Quite a lot of people got 33% or around that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not that sure. Maybe someone else can reassure what mark it was. The calculation was about what's the percentage of magnesium chloride in the mixture of powders I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup 4
Damn, lost around 17-22 marks. I'm going to have to do a lot better on the second paper if I want an A...
(edited 7 years ago)
How much was the whole paper out of? :/
Reply 153
Original post by SANTR
It won't be below 80% unfortunately.

I dont think it would be that high cause this paper was nothing like the past papers and it was super hard. So hopefully they will be low.
Oh well who knows 😯
Reply 154
How much was the whole paper out of? :/

80 marks
Original post by Inteha
80 marks

Thank you
Do you remember how many marks the multiple choice was? I was thinking 10, like the specimen papers
Thank you
Do you remember how many marks the multiple choice was? I was thinking 10, like the specimen papers

Original post by rosemondtan

thank youuu
Original post by Anna1909
Do you reckon 50/80 will be a C? 😁🙏🏻

Should be - it's above 60% and I doubt a C will be higher than that: it will likely be slightly lower.
Original post by dragonblazer11
what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be? And how much makrs was the question about Br 2+ woth, where u had to draw it etc

I think grade boundaries will be standard (80% A, 70% B etc.) or lower.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending