The Student Room Group

Suggest a new TV show for me to watch

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zXcodeXz
What is The IT Crowd about?

Its about a woman who states she knows lots about IT and gets put into and IT department in a company shes joined.
Shes there with two others (one is relatively normal, the other is a geek with lots of knowledge on computers).
It just goes like that really.
Id google it if you want a better explanation. Mine is crap haha!
But its really good!
Original post by M14B
All the Lt Columbo films (69 of them!)

I'm not going to watch 69 movies?
Original post by BasicMistake
The Thick of It

EDIT: Doesn't really fit your criteria which I failed to read.

There are not that many episodes, Series 1 and 2 are 3 episodes long and all episodes are sub-30 minutes. And there isn't really a unifying story arc for series 1, 2 or 3.

Hey almost didn't see your post there. What's that show about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FireFreezer77
Its about a woman who states she knows lots about IT and gets put into and IT department in a company shes joined.
Shes there with two others (one is relatively normal, the other is a geek with lots of knowledge on computers).
But its really good!

Ok thanks I'll watch some episodes and see how it is! :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Oh right I always meant to give house of cards a try.
I'll look into the synopsis of the others.

House of Cards is a slow burner initially but I absolutely love it :smile: Luther is probably my favourite TV show :tongue: Black Sails I loved that much I was getting through a season in 48 hours :lol:
Original post by Deyesy
House of Cards is a slow burner initially but I absolutely love it :smile: Luther is probably my favourite TV show :tongue: Black Sails I loved that much I was getting through a season in 48 hours :lol:

Once House of Cards doesn't rip off Scandal too much I'll be good.
Original post by FireFreezer77
But its really good!

I googled the synopsis and it seems really good. I'm going to watch an episode.
Quantico
Jane The Virgin!!!
Hey almost didn't see your post there. What's that show about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a rather brutal satirical sitcom so if you are interested in politics or (no longer) current affairs, you'll love it. The first series was in 2005 and the last, the fourth, was broadcast in 2012.

It mainly follows a completely inept government department during what is an obvious parody of the Blair government. The various ministers and their advisors keep screwing it up with the media nipping at their heels. One of the most famous characters is Malcolm Tucker, played by Peter Capaldi, who is a extremely sweary spin doctor who has the best verbal abuse on television.

If you stick around until Series 4, the attention is split between the left-wing party who is now in opposition and a new coalition between a right wing party and a smaller third party (obvious what this is meant to be).
God I can't stand this alpha beta ****. I like the Middle but I can't binge watch it. It isn't as funny as Modern Family. Gloria and Jay are the best!

Jay and Phil for me haha
Gloria is hot but not too funny imo
Reply 30
I think you'd find once upon a time interesting and apparently Jessica jones is also. Maybe the vampire diaries, gossip girl or pretty little liars but I'm not sure if those would be for you aha

also prison break is like my faaaav show omg I don't see how you wouldn't like it lol
Last year I watched this great show called Wayward Pines, it might be my favourite show ever. It's a mystery thriller kind of thing, and even though there are only 10 episodes there's a brand new season coming out next month.

I would definitely recommend TWD, tons of episodes, tons of seasons and it's great right from the first episode imo. There's also a spinoff season in its second series which is pretty good if you want to do some serious binge watching.

Other programmes I would recommend are Stargate SG1, Bones and 11.22.63.

If you're looking for something to watch for a while, go for 24. I think there are 7 or 8 seasons, each with loads of episodes. It's fast paced and super cool.
LAW AND ORDER
LAW AND ORDER SVU
THE GOOD WIFE
BATES MOTEL

Posted from TSR Mobile
How I Met Your Mother
Original post by zXcodeXz
Ok thanks I'll watch some episodes and see how it is! :smile:

No worries!
As i say theres not too many episodes (24 + a christmas special)
But its well worth a watch!
The 100?
If you want to go for a classic with loads of laughs, watch the US Office. It might be my favourite show ever!
Reply 37
I probably personally wouldn't be asking this during exam season, but I would recommend Brooklyn Nine-Nine to anybody pretty much. It's hilarious, with a very wide range of characters. The plots are also good. Another show that is quite similar is Angie Tribeca, which is a police show parody (like B99) but of a different taste. Both shows are hilarious and are a good laugh.
Hey!

I watch most of the shows you watch! And did you see the latest episodes of DC and flash??

I'm shocked that you haven't watched Supernatural. Having watched over 30 shows or so, i Can honestly say that It is by far the best! It's ratings on IMDB speak for itself but it is just amazing. Like the plot is always changing and intense and imaginative. the characters are absolutely AMAZING! Before you start watching though, be prepared for alot of tears. Oh and there is 11 seasons but trust me its worth it. Sometimes you have to stick with it like during the 6/7 season, but PLEASE just give it a try.

I would also recommend grimm-similar to supernatural but it is just fantastic. I could talk about all the shows i'm recommending all day, but you just to the research.

Other shows :
Greys anatomy - don;t even get me started! If i do , i would probably start getting emotional but ughhh this shows takes you on an emotional rollercoaster.
Teen wolf- Great plot and stiles is just adorable.Each epsiode is packed with mystery,drama,suspense...
Limitless-sunny, interesting and unique
Blindspot
agents of shield
izombie
Once upon a time-Sooo clever
Switched at birth-Drama and so unpredictable, oh you can also learn a bit of sign language

Also need some recommendations! So if you've got any please tell em !
Devil

Quick Reply

Latest